Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what it looks like installed in the Changer.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Question, does the screen fold down? is there some way to stow it if you aren't using it? Just wondering.
The arms on the sides of the screen look like there should be some way to stow.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Model 57 said:
Question, does the screen fold down? is there some way to stow it if you aren't using it? Just wondering.

I assume it folds back into the arm rest. I just copied this pic off another site. I didnt see it in person.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Yeah, it appears to fold down to the rear or back of the center console to cover and protect the lcd screen from damage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Model 57 said:

The screen will fold down into an area under the center armrest pad. The unit will retrofit into 2005 models. It should be available at Dealers through Mopar in mid-May.

I need to find out how to post a picture on this board.

·
Registered
323 Posts
PLMRob said:
The unit will retrofit into 2005 models. It should be available at Dealers through Mopar in mid-May.

I need to find out how to post a picture on this board.
How sure are you about this? If so, I am looking for a clean OEM solution and this may fit the bill. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
jcsganga34 said:
How sure are you about this? If so, I am looking for a clean OEM solution and this may fit the bill. Thanks!

100% sure.

My name is Rob Guzanek and I am the Product Marketing and Planning Manager at Mopar. I am responsible for Audio, Electronics and LX accessory lines for DCX.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What parts are required for the retrofit? If the price is right I would also be interested. Is the fit/look the same as the 2006?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Blankster said:
What parts are required for the retrofit? If the price is right I would also be interested. Is the fit/look the same as the 2006?

The Mopar DVD Rear Seat Entertainment System is the same part you will receive if you ordered it plant installed. We replace the center console armrest stack, from the cupholder back. This is packaged as one unit and one wire harness. When the vehicle and product was being designed, we wired in the necessary electrical connections into the vehicle harness so the unit will plug in to the electrical Can-bus system. No aftermarkek cut and hack job here.

Pricing should be finalized in a week. It will be close to the cost of our other premiun DVD units.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What formats does it support? How many inputs?
1. DVD
2. VHS
3. Both

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm glad to hear that it can be retrofitted to existing models. I might be interested in getting one, but not on my order. I am told that it will push my delivery date back even farther, not willing to do that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
PLMROB - I don't know if you're the person but anyway my compliments on the upgraded audio system in the 300C.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hmm, this sounds like it will get the VES tab available on our systems as well... It isn't ideal, but it *does* get you a set of RCA jacks available in the car that will bring audio in!

Pretty cool, I'll probably get one..

BTW, PLMROB, my compliments on the SG2 on the car, It sounds great for a factory system and I was actually impressed to hear some bass in a chrysler factory system, an area previously that I thought only GM focused on. Anyways, good to have you here!

·
Registered
323 Posts
PLMRob said:
The Mopar DVD Rear Seat Entertainment System is the same part you will receive if you ordered it plant installed. We replace the center console armrest stack, from the cupholder back. This is packaged as one unit and one wire harness. When the vehicle and product was being designed, we wired in the necessary electrical connections into the vehicle harness so the unit will plug in to the electrical Can-bus system. No aftermarkek cut and hack job here.

Pricing should be finalized in a week. It will be close to the cost of our other premiun DVD units.
Rob, thank you for the information. Its great to have insiders on the site!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Everytime I think I'm finished, something else comes out that I want to buy. We're goona need a 12 step program for 300C addicts like myself. "My name is Chris and I'm a 300aholic"

·
Registered
170 Posts
Rob,

If/when the part number is published, can you post it to the site?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
PLMRob said:
100% sure.

My name is Rob Guzanek and I am the Product Marketing and Planning Manager at Mopar. I am responsible for Audio, Electronics and LX accessory lines for DCX.
Hi Rob, any word or rumor if the Magnum and Charger, especially the SRT models will get HID Xenon headlamp option? Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts