Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my 2005 300c rwd sat all winter without a battery. Installed a new battery now the center information center is displaying a ram logo also the rims don't match the center information center nor does the analog gauge to the digital readout. Please any help or information is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I can't say for sure but I suspect some folks may be confused by your post.

Some of what you've described, such as drivability issues and communications errors, are common after a long period of time with a dead battery. Others, like your trunk unlocking when you unlock your doors, are not. Some questions, like why your "rims don't match the center information center", I don't understand at all.

I think it's likely that some of your issues will resolve themselves after a few extended drive cycles. Or, the new alternator and/or the new battery may be defective, or you may have a bad chassis ground somewhere.

What I would suggest is that you give it a little more time. If you're still having problems, scan for codes again and report back with the exact codes and the tool you used to retrieve them. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to have the battery and alternator load tested, and to check all of your underhood grounds to be sure that they're clean and tight.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Thank you. For your response. Most confusing is why when I start the car a Ram logo appears on the center lol..
Nothing to worry about. If you go without power long enough, it's common for Chargers to display Chrysler logos and 300s to display Dodge logos. It should normalize after a few extended drive cycles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.