Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make replacements for the Brembo system??

I can't stand the dirty rims two days after a wash!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
get the centric posi quet pads, 98% less dust
one of the vendors sells them, zeckhausen racing

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Do they make replacements for the Brembo system??

I can't stand the dirty rims two days after a wash!!
Have you come to th4e right place or what SHARK!!! Go here and get yourself a set of Posi Quiets - Chrysler 300C SRT8 Products: StopTech big brake kits, stainless steel braided brake lines, tires. Say bye bye to brake dust!!!

DaveZ is a vendor here and has a great writeup on just how easy it is to do. I don't know if a caveman could do it, but someone had their 15 year old daughter do it. Check this How To thread out - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/te...-how-installing-low-dust-brake-pads-srt8.html.

Make sure to bed your brakes afterwards - Instructions for bedding in your brakes.

Let us know how it went too. One thing for sure is you won't be complaining of dust or squeal anymore!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
always a show boat ;-) :joke:
rambit is the guy, SHARK, to ask if you need to know things, i think he has a crystal ball with all the worlds info in it
Have you come to th4e right place or what SHARK!!! Go here and get yourself a set of Posi Quiets - Chrysler 300C SRT8 Products: StopTech big brake kits, stainless steel braided brake lines, tires. Say bye bye to brake dust!!!

DaveZ is a vendor here and has a great writeup on just how easy it is to do. I don't know if a caveman could do it, but someone had their 15 year old daughter do it. Check this How To thread out - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/te...-how-installing-low-dust-brake-pads-srt8.html.

Make sure to bed your brakes afterwards - Instructions for bedding in your brakes.

Let us know how it went too. One thing for sure is you won't be complaining of dust or squeal anymore!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Posi quiets hmmmm?

Big-o can install?? They seem pricey when you can buy the cermics on tirerack for less... Ceramic no bueno??

·
Registered
155 Posts
I did the slotted discs and posi's as what Rambit suggested just above. Did the job myself with a little help from my friends here on the forum. Easy and SOO happy. they should come stock. they are just so much more superior. Ceramic is possible but a bucket more of $'s.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I bought the posi-quiets, completely satisifed. 2 days with stock pads, wheels are black. 2 weeks with posi-quiets, and its still not even close.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Posi Quiet it is!

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Sad that my first "mods" for the SRT8 were Mobil1 Turbo Diesel Oil and new Posi Quiet Brake Pads. lol Love it though! :fing02:

·
Registered
622 Posts
OK. I finally pulled the trigger on a new set of Posi Quiet's.

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get the brake dust off the inside of the rim after almost 2 years???

I have done some pretty good work with a power washer in the past but I eventually gave up.

I can't wait to install the new pads and clean the inside of the rims!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
OK. I finally pulled the trigger on a new set of Posi Quiet's.

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get the brake dust off the inside of the rim after almost 2 years???

I have done some pretty good work with a power washer in the past but I eventually gave up.

I can't wait to install the new pads and clean the inside of the rims!

I just used some warm water, Dawn dish soap, and a new sponge on mine this spring when i put my summer tires back on. All the brake dust came right off, even a little road tar stuck on the inside and that came right off too.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I just used some warm water, Dawn dish soap, and a new sponge on mine this spring when i put my summer tires back on. All the brake dust came right off, even a little road tar stuck on the inside and that came right off too.
Thanks!
I will get my pads in a week and I will post some pics on the be4 and after of removing the brake dust!

·
Registered
45 Posts
This may be a stupid question guys but are the front and rear pads a different size? My posi quiets came in yesterday and the rears are alot smaller than the fronts.

Strick

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes they are different sizes! You will love these things!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts