Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2006 300c srt8 and wondering if you were able to change out the current rear wheel drive to the AWD? I know anything is possible for the money but what are the change-outs that need to be done and is it just changing out the tran with the all wheel drive tran that's offered in the 300c? or is it much more than that? My next question would be if it could take that AWD tran what kind of hp could it handle? because I plan on trying to hit 6 to 700 hp?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I do not know much about drive train swaps, however I am not sure your stock drive train can handle 700hp let alone an AWD one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The weak link in a standard AWD LX chassis car is not the transmission but rather the transfer case and axles. We can build a transmission to handle the power. The Hemi AWD cars use the smaller V6 sized axles. These would snap if used in a standard RWD application and is the reason we can't use them to swap to the better gear ratio that the AWD use. Under more than twice the factory horsepower you are talking about RIP axles. You would have no options for different gear ratios other than the factory 3.07's. The transfer case is another weak link. It will hold together for a bit as there are a couple built AWD LX's rolling around but even those guys talk about replacing the transfer case pretty often. I believe you can turn the AWD feature on/off with a Tazer.....but again RIP those baby rear axles with 600hp.

Now with that aside the mechanical side of it would be swapping out the rear cradle with a weaker AWD one. In doing so you would lose your Brembo's I believe. On the front end it too would be a swap out to the AWD cradle. And you would lose the Brembo's for sure. The AWD use different spindle than the RWD of course. And the standard 345 Hemi spindles are different than the SRT spindles due to the Brembo's so there is no option for them on a AWD. As for the PCM and wiring....my head hurts already. It's your car and your money but frankly taking a SRT8 car and jacking it around like this is about equal to raping it and you very well may end up with a car that does not run due to PCM/computer/wiring problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts