Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a sweet deal on a 300C bumper and I am going to make the swap from my standard 300 bumper. I know I need different fogs and the 300C style headlights. But my question is about the 300C headlights. I upgraded to HID's and I see that some 300C headlights say theyre projectors but made for halogens. Will those work, or do I need to find the specific HID 300C headlights?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so I currently have hids in some aftermarket K2 headlights for my base front bumper. My plan is that I just got a 300c front bumper and need to find some oem 300c style headlights. And I know that if I use HID's I need projector headlights. So I found some 300c headlight that are projector, but they say theyre for halogen use. But they look just like the oem 300c headlight that use hids. Are they two different types of oem headlights for the 300c?

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
There is only one style of projector headlight (HID and halogen projectors) but you do have to either modify the slot on the backside of the halogen ones to fit the D1S HID's or go with a HID kit that allows you to use a 9006 bulb base HID bulb.

What kind of bulbs are in your HID kit now?

Do they look like this 9006 (ignore the color, focus on the bulb connector base):

or do they look like this D1S:

If they look like the first picture and the projector headlights you are looking at are for halogens which is also a 9006 base bulb, then they will work.

If you get projector headlights that accommodate a D1S HID bulb (the second bulb pictured above) only, then your 9006 base HID bulbs won't work with them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually my bulbs for my currnet aftermarket headlights are the H1's. I can buy new bulbs, just wanted to make sure I was buying the correct oem headlights.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
They look like this:

Those ^^^^ won't fit into OEM projector headlights that take either a 9006 or D1S bulb.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thats what I wanted to know. I will buy new bulbs thats no problem, but the 300c headlights I listed say halogen, but it doesnt matter as long as theyre projector style headlights right?

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
The projector lenses are the same. The bulb slots are different when you compare the halogen projector capsule with the HID projector capsule.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh OK gotcha. That's what I wasn't sure about. Sorry for all the questions Ijust wanted to be sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts