Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will changing the headers void the waranty. and can someone tell me what mods will and will not void the waranty

Thanks
Tony

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
tonylukejr said:
Will changing the headers void the waranty. and can someone tell me what mods will and will not void the waranty

Thanks
Tony
Most mods will void a warranty, especially if the company can prove that the mod caused the problem and most times even if the mod had nothing to do with the problem the big company will prove that it did. To answer the question headers, chips, intakes, exhausts, suspensions, all void your warranty. How much so depends on how much they can demonstrate the probability that the mod caused the problem. Chrysler is notorius for voiding warranties at the slightest sight of vehicle modification, so buyer beware.

·
Registered
750 Posts
tonylukejr said:

Thanks
Tony
Check out this post

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/105064-post10.html

The only thing I would be cautious of is that dyno charts on this forum show a header will weaken your mixture, probably still in the safety area, however if too weak pistons overheat. Kaboomy

A nice new pair of driving glovs should keep that warranty intact

Zilla

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
goddardzilla said:
Check out this post

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/105064-post10.html

The only thing I would be cautious of is that dyno charts on this forum show a header will weaken your mixture, probably still in the safety area, however if too weak pistons overheat. Kaboomy

A nice new pair of driving glovs should keep that warranty intact

Zilla
That may be true but which of us have the money to fight big business in court. I mean I got money but I am not going to waste it trying to prove that a mod did not cause a problem to my vehicle. Thats just me. Now after my warranty is done then I'll talk mods, by then the aftermarket will probably have it right.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Headers should only void the parts of the warranty that they are replacing. They won't be covering the manifolds or cats anymore (they are off the car). If for some reason you had a bad injector or a rod knock, there would be no reason for them to point to the headers. Tranny starts slipping or the radio stops working, not the header's fault either.

·
Registered
750 Posts
GEN XER said:
That may be true but which of us have the money to fight big business in court. I mean I got money but I am not going to waste it trying to prove that a mod did not cause a problem to my vehicle. Thats just me. Now after my warranty is done then I'll talk mods, by then the aftermarket will probably have it right.
Thanks; It is true

Had you clicked on all the links that forum post brought you to, you would have seen that there are a great number actions, and pressures that may bring resolution to this situation in your favour before you arrive at

Sue the b*st*rds!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm a potential SRT8 owner (not until march) in the United Arab Emirates (Dubai)
The agent for Chrysler here is offering a complete Borla system (manifold, headers, and cat-back) under Mopar brand. They,re installing it themselves and including everything in the warranty.
Cost is about US$1,100 installed
Maybe Mopar in the US would have it too?

·
Registered
482 Posts
tbyrne said:
Headers should only void the parts of the warranty that they are replacing. They won't be covering the manifolds or cats anymore (they are off the car). If for some reason you had a bad injector or a rod knock, there would be no reason for them to point to the headers. Tranny starts slipping or the radio stops working, not the header's fault either.
Tom,

Although this is supposed to be the reality, I will be willing to lay some money on the line that any drivetrain failure on a SRT8 with headers will be voided and chalked up to the headers in some fashion. Once DCX does that, it becomes your time and money to try and disprove it, all while your cars sits with no fix.

The rod knock comment is actually funny, too, as many Dodge Ram owners with the Hemi and the famous 'Hemi Tick' are mentioning a rod bearing issue. 3 known Rams with the tick have had rod failures and the owners know that even the smallest mod present resulted in a massive fight with DCX on warranty.

It boils down to be prepared to take on the failure on your own finacially. It is very likely that DCX will void the warranty for any serious(read costly) warranty issue, if they can locate a mod of some sort. I know that DCX service/warranty has actually pulled the oil filter and the oil contained within that filter for inspection on MDS related issues in the LX cars.

Todd

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Damn, they are tough! I'd say the only time I had to fight with a dealer over a warranty claim was when the factory hitch started falling off of a 2002 Suburban. It was a 3/4 ton truck and the trailer only weighed about 9500lbs. They tried telling me that I either hit something or overloaded the truck. I got everything on the local scales and worked my way up the line in GM. In the end they were going to fix the truck but I didn't feel comfortable with their plan to fix it. That was replace the frame. Just didn't think that they could swap everything over and have the truck be perfect in the end so I took care of it myself.

It was the point of it through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts