Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have read a lot of threads about changing the rear diff of a 5.7 Ltr and thay talk about changing it to a 226 Getrag and axles.

With the US$ being what it is and our Govt's duty + gst it is becoming very expensive to do this convertion which has led me to stretch out for a little help from u guy's.

Will the late model 300's diff n axles assembly fit on2 the 2006 as it appears they r running Getrags 226 diffs and a more beefed up set of axles / hubs.

The p$ss off is they are only a 3.06 ratio but at the end of it i will get a better ratio than a 2.82 and LSD it its possible.

Thx 4 reading
AL

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Yes they will bolt up no problem and the 3.06 ratio is a great ratio with some of the quickest running cars... While a deeper gear will get you out of the hole, as hp increases it will also spin the tires like they are donuts.

Picking a ratio is more about knowing what your mods are and where you want to end up... I always wanted a 3.55, then I supercharged her and I couldn't imagine having anything that short, it would just be smoke at every turn!

You need pumpkin, axles, hubs and rear section of driveshaft.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jim777

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they will bolt up no problem and the 3.06 ratio is a great ratio with some of the quickest running cars... While a deeper gear will get you out of the hole, as hp increases it will also spin the tires like they are donuts.

Picking a ratio is more about knowing what your mods are and where you want to end up... I always wanted a 3.55, then I supercharged her and I couldn't imagine having anything that short, it would just be smoke at every turn!

You need pumpkin, axles, hubs and rear section of driveshaft.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Hi Silver,

Thanks for the reply and we have a holiday coming up which i thought would be a good time to do the swap.

But i think i am reading to many posts on this subject and getting a little confused so if you don't mind do you know if i need

getrag upper pinion mount....getrag lower pinion mount ??

I have the following,
3.06 Getrag
Mounting Bolt
LH Axle Shaft
RH Axle Shaft
Axle Shaft Nuts
Axle Hubs
Going to get a 392 Getrag Coupler.

Thanks for your help
AL

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah done my 06 C sometime back, you say late model how late are you talking about?
Thnx 4 replying Typan,

I believe its a Getrag out of a 2012 or 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT8, 6.4

Cheer
AL

·
Registered
389 Posts
If your changing out the hole diff assembly you may find that your 2006 C drive flange is a 3 bolt type & the 2012 is a 4 bolt type and the 2012 housing is larger which you have to change out the drive axles too, it's a lot of work but yeah it can be done mate. I fitted a wavetrac center, now that's a diff center Wavetrac® Differential - A torque biasing differential with a difference have a look.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your changing out the hole diff assembly you may find that your 2006 C drive flange is a 3 bolt type & the 2012 is a 4 bolt type and the 2012 housing is larger which you have to change out the drive axles too, it's a lot of work but yeah it can be done mate. I fitted a wavetrac center, now that's a diff center Wavetrac® Differential - A torque biasing differential with a difference have a look.
Thanks Typan,

A little worried but i suppose i cant go back now.

Cheers
AL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts