Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been too many f*#k ups to mention them all but the latest was just then.

Australia were playing China in the Women's water polo quarter final. We were leading 10-8 at the end of the 3rd quater in the KNOCK OUT game. At the end of the 3rd quarter some bright spark at channel 7 decided it would be a good idea to show an interview with Libby Trickett where they replayed two of her races and then delay the showing of the 4th quarter!! I don't mind seeing an interview with Libby but why could that not have just been recorded and played back when we weren't in some live sport!?!?!

The other night was another great one. Instead of showing Australia playing in the hockey they showed the ****ing Dream team playing Greece in the basketball. Are we that close to being the newsest American state that we need to show USA playing basketball than Australia playing anything?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Great I now have an addition to make. After the Libby interview they went back to the water polo for a couple of minutes and now they have cut away again for an interview with Grant Hackett.

I am interested in seeing an interview with Grant but again can't it be recorded and played AFTER the live sport!?!?!

I have now registered about 20 complaints with Channel 7 and judging on some of the hold times I am confident other have been as well.

If you are a p!ssed off about the [email protected] coverage as I am please make sure you register your complaint by calling Channel 7 on 1300737507.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I understand your frustration but to look at this from a lighter side, maybe the contract requires the media to use Chineese satelites and they had to fill in for 10 minutes until another one of theirs flew by. LOL

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
a...... great one.........they showed Dream team playing Greece in the basketball
I deleted some of your words PUS to suit myself :)

So did the Greeks win? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

All jokes aside, I didn't really get a chance to follow the Games, only highlights off Sky News Channel, would of been nice to see a full game by the sounds :smashfrea

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Has anyone noticed that during sevens recent coverage in the AFL has seen them showing vision behind the goals from one end of the ground when someone is taking a set shot for goal.

·
Registered
772 Posts
u know why i hate channel 7s coverage? because i dont even get to watch ch7!

we have foxtel satellite, meaning we dont get channel7 until (hopefully) early 2009. its due to a screwed deal both parties have going :(

i could unplug the TV and retune it to chanel 7 thru the antenna.. but. come on. too much effort :p

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why don't you have the free to air channels and foxtel tuned in? We do.

They have done it again tonight. When I called to complain this afternoon I asked if the Hockey would be shown tonight or should I just go to bed and listen to the call on ABC radio. They told me it would be shown at 10:45pm. It is now 11pm and still no hockey. The game actually started at 10:30pm but instead we have seen the two 100m womens semis (No Australians) and now we have the womens gymnastics floor routines (No Australians). I called back to ask when the hockey is coming and have been advised that because the gymnastics, which we aren't in, has been delayed the hockey will be shown a bit later.

With the 100m there were two races that actually last about 12 seconds each but we get about 15minutes worth of coverage. Why can't they just record them and just show the race instead of the other 14 minutes of the comentators carrying on with [email protected].

I have the channel 7 number on speed dial now so I am making some new friends.

I think the ABC should get the Olympics as if their radio coverage is anything to go by they will actually do it well. If they are covering one event and something happens at another event they actually cross their to keep you up to date. On top of that their comentary is alot more interesting! Bruce's commentary of the swimming has probably been used to put some 2 year olds to sleep!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is the last time channel 7 will be broadcasting the olympics. Channel 9 have already secured the rights for future olympics. Combined with fox sports. that's probably why they aren't doing a good job of it. coz they have lost it already.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just hope Channel 9 can do better....I am not confident!

I can understand they want to show all the high rating events so they should let other channels take the event they don't classify as high rating. If channel 9 are teamed up with Fox there is more chance of this happening as fox can easily dedicate a couple of channels to the Olympics.

What I don't understand with Channel 7 is why they aren't showing diferent sports on different channels. With the new digital channels that can have different programing on each channel so why not use it?

·
Registered
841 Posts
What's got me [email protected]#!ed is Channel 7's complete failure to utilise their other digital channels to broadcast their Olympic content 24/7.

(for those of you who don't know all our broadcasters currently transmit at least four channels - if you have a digital decoder you can access them)

Instead we saw no programming difference between their regular broadcasts and digital channels: none, nada, zip, zero, zilch.

Not only could they have shown the (apparently) less well rating "non-Australian" events but could have encouraged a lot more people to part with the minimum $350 for a digital set top box and sold a lot more advertising to boot.

A complete lack of creative thinking.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
What's got me [email protected]#!ed is Channel 7's complete failure to utilise their other digital channels to broadcast their Olympic content 24/7.

(for those of you who don't know all our broadcasters currently transmit at least four channels - if you have a digital decoder you can access them)

Instead we saw no programming difference between their regular broadcasts and digital channels: none, nada, zip, zero, zilch.

Not only could they have shown the (apparently) less well rating "non-Australian" events but could have encouraged a lot more people to part with the minimum $350 for a digital set top box and sold a lot more advertising to boot.

7 said they just didn't have the capcity to broadcast on multiple channels.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Fun Americans-Think-They-Own-Everything Fact Time!
The Chinese were under pressure to commence the Olympics at 8:08AM instead of in the evening like they planned, as live coverage of the opening ceremony would be running exactly during American prime-time. The Chinese, and I cheer them for this, did the diplomatic equivalent of flipping them the forks, blowing a raspberry and telling them to "Jog on!"

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fun Americans-Think-They-Own-Everything Fact Time!
The Chinese were under pressure to commence the Olympics at 8:08AM instead of in the evening like they planned, as live coverage of the opening ceremony would be running exactly during American prime-time. The Chinese, and I cheer them for this, did the diplomatic equivalent of flipping them the forks, blowing a raspberry and telling them to "Jog on!"
So NBC delayed the coverage by 12 hours and p1ssed of the viewers

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

That was one of the biggest gripes I had. I was really excited before the olympics because I was expecting four channels of Olympic goodness......goold old channel 7 dropped the ball!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts