Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday turned out to be a sad day for SuperBee 993. The day started out awesome. I woke up early to shine up the Bee and meet up with my fellow SpaceCityLX members, for some indoor go-cart racing. Then we caravaned (25 LX's) over to one of our members restaurants, for some awesome eats. Then I had to stop by my house to walk my dog before heading back out to a Saturday night car hang out, on the south side of Houston.

I was 2 miles from my house and making a left turn to get to the freeway access. We had the green light and the car in front of me made it across the street and I was halfway across the street when a car came rolling through a red light and t-boned the back half of my passenger side of the Bee. It spun me 180 degrees into a curb that took out my rear driver side wheel.

I will post some pictures when I see the car, on Monday. It had to be flat bed towed, off of the street. The rear passenger wheel was broken off of the rear independent suspension, tire blown. The wheel is ruined. The passenger rear door was crushed in by the blow of the car. On our feeder roads, the curbs are twice as high. When I was spun 180, by the hit, it pushed my driver rear wheel into the curb (ruined that wheel and blew out the tire) and then the lower end of the rear bumper scratched the curb on its way around. My Grip front end is very low to the ground. With the force of the hit, to the back end, during the 180 spin the down force to the front end caused the lower lip of the grip fascia to drag on the concrete. Sad end to a great day.

Here is a picture that was taken from yesterday when we met up at the restaurtant. I put a red box to show where I was t-boned by the car running the red light.

On a good note, this is how SpaceCityLX rolls. I put a call out to Rob (stealthsrt8) that I had just been t-boned and was on the side of the road with the cops and the wreckers. I just wanted to let him know I was in an accident and would not make it to the parking lot hang out. I also asked Rob to call SRTBEE (JohnnyBee) and let him know as well. What only seemed like 5 minutes to me, because of the accident. Here comes the troops, JohnnyBee and Rob come pulling up in there LX sleds and ask what can they help out with, as I was not in my right mind. They opened both of there trunks and started removing all of my stuff from my Bee. The only way to tow my car was by flat bed. Since the grip fascia sits so low to the ground, I did not want to chance trashing it anymore that it already was, while they loaded the car onto the flat bed. So JohnnyBee and Rob start taking my front fascia off. The car is then safely loaded onto the flat bed. That left the 3 of us on the side of the road with 2 sedans (300SRT and John's Super Bee) and no where to put the grip fascia. How were we going to get my front fascia to my house. They jump in Johns Super Bee and drive to my house to get my MagnumSRT. We loaded the grip fascia into the Magnum and then back to my house.

John and Rob, I can not thank you both enough for the help yesterday. You guys were a life saver for me and my Super Bee. That is how Space City LX rolls, but most of all I count Rob and John as the best friends a guy could ever have. I don't think I could have gotten through that ordeal without you guys helping me out.

It was a sad sight seeing my Super Bee being flat-bedded off the street to the repair shop. If her insurance does not fix my SuperBee the exact way I want it to be fixed. And if the Super Bee does not drive the same way again, I will sell it and buy a Chally. I can not get another new yellow Super Bee, only 1000 made. So if my Super Bee is not fixed 100%, then I will put my order in for the limited run of the 09 B5Blue Chally SRT "Spring Special", with a 6 speed.

Thanks for listening to a suffering Charger owner and this may very well be the end of an era, with my Super Bee. Only time will tell how the repairs go.

FreeBeeSRT993, let's hope she does not R.I.P. and keeps rocking on..

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
Now this is horrible news! It is bringing such flash backs to what happened to me back in May with my beloved 300SRT8 (may she RIP) The most important thing is are you ok? Please make sure you’re checked out as car accidents can bring on all sorts of physical trouble on down the road. I’m sure you are devastated to have your beauty crunched by the carelessness of others. I hope they are able to fix your beauty to your liking, if not the Challenger will definitely put a smile back on your face. Our cars can take a hell of a wallop and keep us from injury….but sometimes they are sacrificed so the driver may live as in my case. Please keep us updated on your situation. My thoughts and prayers go out to you Mark.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/off-topic-discussion/57557-what-left-my-srt8.html

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
:worried: that sucks bro i hope you get her back in the same way she was before the accident. hopefully your ok let us know how things go my friend.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ouch dude! I hope that never happens to me. I'm Sorry to hear about the ride.

·
Banned
651 Posts
what!?!?!?!?!?!?!? that superbee is the most badazz charger ive ever seen. this cant be true, april fools right? your messing with my emotions

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
mark. you've got so many people who count you as their friend. if they all showed up there would have been a traffic jam at that corner. i'm glad that i was there to help out.

now, lets' get that bee back together.....count me in to build those two new wheels!!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First and foremost, glad you're OK Mark. That's the important part! Without exception, your Bee is one of the finest LXes that exists. I can only imagine what you're going through. If that was my Bee is would have been a VERY long time before I could have coherently relayed what happened in a thread as you did. Keep your head up and as you said, if the Bee isn't restored to it's former self, there's a new Chally in it for you! If that's the case, I can't wait to see what you come up with for that one! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
OMG, FB! The first thing I wanted to do to you (and rightly so) after reading your thread title was :twak: :twak: :twak: you multiple times. Who can ever forget the previous 'joke' you pulled on many of us?
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/chrysler-300-picture-media-post/31538-freebirdsrt-robbed.html

After further reading, I realized this was not a joke and my heart just sunk. After all your recent posts, proudly displaying all the latest body painting, I just could not believe that only a few days later someone would use Super Bee for demolition.

I am so sad to hear about this and can't even begin to understand what you must be going through. It's not just the impact but all the other turns and curb hits as well.

I don't think I told you why my car went into the body shop after SF but long story short, it was forced into a center divider destroying the 2 driver side rims and tires, damage to the suspension on the same side, a little scraping to my new TZ chin spoiler, and suprise of all, 3 huge softball size dents on the top of my roof said to have been caused by the body flexing after a hard impact with the curb and something having to absorb the energy such as the roof top. Better check your yours, too.

Like you, I was very picky about wanting things to look just like new after my repairs and I thought it couldn't be done. I was wrong. You might have an even more critical eye than me but with you working along side a great body shop, I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

You have spent too much time putting this beautiful vision together and finally got to show it off at your M & G yesterday. You certainly deserve more time to get it repaired to your specs and to continue enjoying and showing it some more. There's nothing like it in the world. I thought for sure your plan was SEMA 2008!

And as you said, the BEST part of all was Rob and Johnny Bee coming to your rescue at a moment's notice. How awesome was that! And, to dismantle your front fascia to see that it didn't get messed up on the flat bed was incredible thinking at that moment not to mention going to your home to bring back the Magnum to carry the fascia.
:fing02: Thumbs up to you guys for helping out a brother when he really needed you but didn't know it at that stressful moment in time.

This is all beyond belief but I am so grateful to know she didn't plow into your door or far worse that I don't even want to think about it.

You and Super Bee will be good as new. I know you would love to have that new Challenger but we need to see more of you enjoying your SB before that happens.

God bless my good friend and be safe!
bruno

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sad to hear that happened to such a bad ass ride! Most importantly, you walked away from the ordeal with your life intact. I must admit though...After seeing what you did to the 300SRT, and then to the SuperBee...I'm sure you'll understand that many people (including myself) would anxiously await your version of a Challenger. :scared:

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
This was so hard to read Mark! I don't want to see pictures of the destruction. That car was just so perfectly trimmed out and detailed, I can't imagine it any other way and I don't want that vision impeded.

I surely hope it gets fixed to your satisfaction. On the other hand, just thinking about what you would do to a Blue Challenger is quite exciting also.

So either way, I think "we" win!

Good luck with the repairs and good luck with the nerves waiting for it!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Glad you are okay and we can only hope that they can put her back together again, you do indeed have one of the badest looking SB's around. I hope everything works out all around. Good luck

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Mark - I have an empty feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I ran my hands over your Bee just after you got her. I sat in those great SRT seats and I have watched with awe as you revealed each new mod.

I am just grateful that you are okay and glad to hear that the SpaceCity gang rode to the rescue. Did they leave the bozo that slammed you with all his body parts intact?

I hope your Bee makes it back from Bee Hospital as good as new!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am glad that you are allright and did not get seriously hurt, that is the good news. Wish there was something I could say to cheer to up other than that as I know how your feeling about your Bee. Seems like everytime you get something you like, someone else scratches it or bangs it up for you. The main thing is your safe and sound and somehow something positive will come out of this for you eventually. Best of luck on your repairs.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Mark, I waited for you at the car show thing. Glad to hear you are fine. Maybe it`s time for you to do a Challenger.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that Marc. To make you feel a little better, I was sideswiped in my week old 300c last Saturday, and it is still in my garage. I hope it can be fixed.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Holy ****, brother!! Glad you're safe, but sorry that happened to you! Glad you had such good folks to help you out.. glad no damage to you. I hope they put her back together new again.. if you need anything at all, let me know. If I can do it or have it, its yours...

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
EDIT: Pictures added of the wrecked Bee.

This is where she t-boned me.

Passenger rear wheel (ruined)

Hitting the curb and barracade when I was spun 180 degrees.

Driver side rear fascia, caused by the 180 spin.

From the 180 spin, the curb took a chunk out of the driver side rear wheel.

Look at the angle the rear wheel is at in relation to the body of the car.

A bad week for LX's. I saw this Magnum and Charger at the body shop as well.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts