Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

i have a 2005 Chrysler 300c. It has the bose speakers, 6cd changer, navigation, etc. Ideally I just want to listen to music from my phone. Unfortunately, it does not have an AUX input.

I got an FM transmitter but the quality is crap.

Are there any work arounds or simple purchases that dont involve replacing the entire navigation/cd changer console?

thanks

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Buy this: Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

I got one on eBay, brand new in the package for $58.99 shipped.

It takes about 15 minutes and a screwdriver to put it in. Works like a charm. It will either take over your Sirius Radio, or VES. Since my car didn't have VES, it took that over. So, now I just plug in the phone to the headphone jack, hit "Mode" to select VES, and BAM. I've got the phone playing through the stereo absolutely crystal clear. Do expect to turn up the "Gain" on the channels on the PAC Audio unit though. Even with the Gain turned up all of the way, and phone at max volume, the volume of the playing phone is about 2 notches lower than a CD. So, if I have a CD on 18 on the volume control, with the phone, I need to be at about 20.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buy this: Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

I got one on eBay, brand new in the package for $58.99 shipped.

It takes about 15 minutes and a screwdriver to put it in. Works like a charm. It will either take over your Sirius Radio, or VEC. Since my car didn't have VEC, it took that over. So, now I just plug in the phone to the headphone jack, hit "Mode" to select VEC, and BAM. I've got the phone playing through the stereo absolutely crystal clear. Do expect to turn up the "Gain" on the channels on the PAC Audio unit though. Even with the Gain turned up all of the way, and phone at max volume, the volume of the playing phone is about 2 notches lower than a CD. So, if I have a CD on 18 on the volume control, with the phone, I need to be at about 20.
I dont think I have sirius radio on my car? What is VEC?

So in order to install this, i will have to lose some feature?

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
VA, where do I plug this in? Is there an outlet in the back of the unit? Where did you pull the cable? To the glovebox?
It plugs into the back of the deck. You disconnect the multi-pin plugs on the back of the deck, plug them into this thing, plug this thing into the deck.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I dont think I have sirius radio on my car? What is VEC?

So in order to install this, i will have to lose some feature?
Is yours a REC model radio? Look on the lower righthand corner. does it say REC?

The VES is Vehicle Entertainment System.... so, the ones that have backseat entertainment and whatnot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts