Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Chrysler 300 limit. I recently went for a oil change and after that my oil change light came on and check engine light came on as well. I was able to reset the oil change light but not the check engine light. Is there a way I can reset it? Or have it give me a problem code?

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Do you have push button start? If you do, try getting it read at an auto parts store.

If you don't have push button start and have EVIC, try this:

How to Display OBD-II Trouble Codes On Instrument Cluster (Works with or without EVIC).

1. Get in the car, close the door.
Perform steps 2-6 fairly quickly (less than 3 sec's total time).
(The key should not return to the OFF position through this next sequence!)

2. Turn key to 'ON' position
3. then back to 'ACC'
4. then to 'ON'
5. then back to 'ACC'
6. then to 'ON'

If there are any stored codes, they will appear immediately, in place of the odometer. Once the codes have been displayed, you'll see "-----". If there are no trouble codes, the dashes will be the first item displayed.
After a few seconds, the display changes to "-dOnE-".

Here is a link to all standard generic OBD-II DTC codes: OBD-II Check Engine Light Trouble Codes

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Chrysler 300 limit. I recently went for a oil change and after that my oil change light came on and check engine light came on as well. I was able to reset the oil change light but not the check engine light. Is there a way I can reset it? Or have it give me a problem code?
Check below how to Reset Service Engine Light.. :wow:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts