Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for taking the time to read this and help out.

Recently, two weeks ago, I installed a oil catch can. After extensive research, I thought it would be a great idea to install a catch can, in hopes that it will help maintain proper performance in the long run. Roughly a week after installation and daily driving, I started getting Check Engine Codes ( P0128, P0123, P0108, P0222 )

P0128 - Coolant Temp too low - I bought a replacement t-stat and will install it.
P0123 - Throttle/Pedal Pos. Sensor High Input
P0108 - MAP Sensor High Input
P0222 - Throttle/Pedal Pos. Sensor Low Input

Main issue - I have been experiencing what I would describe as a random stutter, rough idle, and a huge decrease in fuel economy. Also the gas pedal feels "heavier" and it feels as though I am depressing the gas pedal much more than previously needed to accelerate, or even to keep up with traffic.

I have a description of how my catch can is installed, below.

PCV valve -> Black 15mm hose -> Inlet of catch can.
There are several baffles internal to the catch can, and I even added steel wool enclosed between the baffles to increase surface area oil mist can attach to.

Catch Can Outlet -> 15mm hose-> Intake Manifold.

The other side of the engine has a Make-Up Air hose connecting from the back of driver side cylinder head to the Air Filter/CAI/Airbox. I left this assembly Untouched.

My assumptions are that:
1. Something clogged the PCV valve when I had the hose disconnected during repair, and pressure is not escaping.
2. My MAP sensor needs to be replaced. NOTE: I cleaned it and there was no change in stutter.
3. The Throttle Body has too much carbon build up that opening is harder, and the voltage applied to the TB is too great and causes a code to trigger.
4. The engine is not getting the pressure decrease it needs from the PCV and caused the piston seals to blow during stroke.
( REALLY hope thats NOT the case )

Another cause MAY be Seafoam?

I added a Seafoam ( the kind you can put in your gas tank , not spray into the intake ) to the gas tank shortly before I started getting the stutter. I changed the oil a week before adding the catch can. So I have not changed the oil since adding seafoam. From everything I've read about Seafoam, its hard to imagine it making the engine get a stutter or hurt performance in general, but I guess its possible if my engine was full of build up prior to adding seafoam and maybe some build up didn't escape and got stuck somewhere else.

I have a 2013 Chrysler 300 3.6L with about 93,000 miles on it.
I'm also a weekend warrior and have little experience in automotive mechanics.

I appreciate anyones help!

Cheers,

Chris

1 - 1 of 1 Posts