Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check Out this base model 300 I found, looks good, huh?

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well done.
Creeping into RR's turf however.
Just needs a waterfall grill, eh?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
lavalamp said:
May have to add some silver to my lava red... :)
Hee hee...was kinda thinking the same thing..would look real nice too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thumbs Up

I didn't like it at first but it sort of grows on you the longer you look at it. Definately a head turner. I like the wheels too.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
At least they didn't screw up a C doing that stuff. Wheels have to go, the hood...yuck, and the roof painted looks like a horrible vinyl top from a distance.

Other than that, nice... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Terrible ! Really starting to see some gawdy looking 300's. Less is more in my book.
It's not bad but still it's on a base 300. I am really dissapointed in Chrysler for even making
a $23,000 "300". All you see is the base 300's running around with rims and add on chrome pieces everywhere. Mercedes doesn't make a cheap version of the SL500 you get an SL500. My point is you just don't
make a car that looks as good as the 300 and not have it be a "C". You have to have
the Hemi, the leather and all the trimming's that the "C" has on it stock. They should have made different versions of the "C" and left out these crappy, cheap versions of
this car, plain and simple. You don't want to pull of next to someone in a base model
300 even with 22's on it. Especially if you pull up next to a "C" with a Hemi on 22's.

They should have never made a chimsy version of the 300 but they did and that's what I don't get.

·
Registered
290 Posts
LQQking GQQd

YungKolyon, that 300 does look good. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
88 Posts
yarbie said:
Terrible ! Really starting to see some gawdy looking 300's. Less is more in my book.
It's not bad but still it's on a base 300. I am really dissapointed in Chrysler for even making
a $23,000 "300". All you see is the base 300's running around with rims and add on chrome pieces everywhere. Mercedes doesn't make a cheap version of the SL500 you get an SL500. My point is you just don't
make a car that looks as good as the 300 and not have it be a "C". You have to have
the Hemi, the leather and all the trimming's that the "C" has on it stock. They should have made different versions of the "C" and left out these crappy, cheap versions of
this car, plain and simple. You don't want to pull of next to someone in a base model
300 even with 22's on it. Especially if you pull up next to a "C" with a Hemi on 22's.

They should have never made a chimsy version of the 300 but they did and that's what I don't get.
Ok people like you should not speak unless spoken to, you are a complete waste of space and have no valid points to base that opinion off of. Myself yes I drive a base model however I am only 20 and thats all i could afford. You want to compare a Mb to a Mb try this on. Why would they make a Sl500 its cheaper than the Sl65amg. So why wouldnt they make all SL's a Sl65AMG. Because some people cant afford it or do not want to spend that much on a car. By making statements like that you are going to give everyone that owns a 300 a bad name. I can even begin to imagine how stupid you are outside the internet. Its a great surprise to me you can figure out how to log on to this site. So for now until you can say something with a little smarts involved please do use "Base Model Drivers" a favor and shut the hell up.

Thanks,
James

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Since it's President's Day
I'll try to diplomatically say...

You boys need to play NICE!

·
Registered
7 Posts
not trying to start anything yarbie but not everyone has the pennies to afford a C. people do with what they can afford. like me for instance i'm going to be getting a touring edition but i'm still gonna hook it up . like i said it's all i can afford so i'll hook it up to my likeing to be different for one and for two i won't be going through fuel as much

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is pretty ignorant to say that Mercedes does not make lower cost models...everything from the C's to the S's, there are a variety of different models.

Example:
E320
E430
E500

Then there is the AMG E...

Kind of Sounds similar to:
Base
Touring
C
SRT

But I guess no one will ever agree on what models should be made. Keep in mind...this car is more than anything meant to be a volume model. Volume does not come picking niche markets. I think DC has done an excellent job with the entire 300 line. For $28000 you can have a Camry, or a new hot looking 300 Touring.

Just my $.02.

·
Registered
364 Posts
the 300 is nice i wanted to know how much was the paint job and where did you get it done but again its all that. And this a 300C owner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's not my car

thematrixhasu said:
the 300 is nice i wanted to know how much was the paint job and where did you get it done but again its all that. And this a 300C owner.
I own a DLR 300 this is just a few pics I found on Ebay and liked.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts