Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

New to the board. Glad I found it. Just traded my 200 300M for a new 2005 Blue 300C. So far so good. However, I saw a topic posted on another board stating the fuse box (which is in the trunk) comes from the factory with the majority of the fuses in place but not always seated firmly in their receptacles. Figured I'd check. Sure enough, I was able to seat most of them. I was not having any problems but thought best to pass this tip on, particularly if you are having problems.

John

·
Registered
101 Posts
When you pull the floor up to look at the spare tire... you will see the battery and a fuse box. While your at it.... check the one up front under the hood too.

Hot off the press...

The trunk fuse box...

The under the hood fuse box...

·
Registered
101 Posts
It must have been the resizeing of the picture... I brought it down to 640x480, it was 2272x1704, for easy viewing.

·
Registered
365 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Thanks for taking time to post photos. Is it my imagination or is that a small battery, almost miata like?
Not really. The battery is rather large. Haven't checked its capacity but it's a big one. For comparison, that donut spare wheel is 18" diameter; that should give you a feel for the battery size.

·
Registered
272 Posts
YES!!!!!you were right!!!! i found about 5 fuses in each box that were not seated properly, but i dont know if they were causing any probs, but certainly could have later on.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I found several not exactly loose but not exactly tight either. Thanks for the tip.They clearly were in good enough but who knows if they were not fully seated over many thousands of miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts