Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
not enough

there's simply not enough info available over the counter to decide.

The term "ceramic" is used on a BUNCH of pads, some aren't hardly ceramic at all.

Bendix makes some high line pads. Or contact Dave Zeckhausen, our in-house brake expert!

·
Registered
906 Posts
My choice would be for NAPA Adaptive One Brake Pads. They are a new brake pade with increased stopping performance, low noise, and low dust. Check these out when you get a chance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
break pads

I don't know about the ceramic, but I know that semi metallic ones are horrible...squeeling and super dusty!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Semi Metallic or Ceramic?
Not enough information in your post to make any sort of recommendation. What's your goal? Are you looking for a low dust pad? Do you want something with more bite, such as a pad that would be good for autocross? Is noise bothering you, so you want a pad that's super quiet at all costs? Are you looking for something with really good fade resistance, so you can do canyon runs with confidence? Before you say "all of the above", you should keep in mind that many of these requirements are mutually exclusive.

Semi Metallic simply means the pad has steel or copper strands in the compound, the purpose being to raise the heat range of the pad by drawing heat away from the surface.

Ceramic is just one of many ingredients, ranging from 1 to 5 percent of the overall compound. Just because a pad has ceramic content doesn't mean you can predict ANYTHING about its performance. For example, Axxis Deluxe and Axxis ULT are two of the most different pads from each other as possible, yet both prominently advertise "CERAMIC" on their respective boxes. Axxis Deluxe is a low dust (almost no dust) pad, with slightly less bite and friction than most OEM pads and tends to be very quiet and easy on rotors. Axxis ULT has terrific cold bite, a high friction level, great pedal feel (my favorite street pad), moderate dust level, tends to squeal under light braking, and is more aggressive on rotors than OEM or Axxis Deluxe.

A pad can have ceramic content AND be a semi metallic pad. So it really comes down to what performance characteristics you want, not what ingredients are featured on the box by the marketing department of the manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
I don't know about the ceramic, but I know that semi metallic ones are horrible...squeeling and super dusty!!!!
The specific brand and model of pad you used, that happened to be semi metallic, may be dusty and noisy. But you can't generalize to all semi met pads. It's the combination of other ingredients and manufacturing techniques that determine a pad's performance parameters.

Case in point - the beloved Centric Posi Quiet Semi Metallic pads cure the dust and noise problem of the OEM SRT8 pads. There are many other pads with metal content that are also quiet and low dust.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got and instaledl Ceramic brake pads for my 300c.after two month now...when brake..the high tone noise get louder.what happen??:pat:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
According to your profile, you have a 300C 5.7, not an SRT8. The pads you just listed are for the SRT8 and they are NOT ceramic.

What model 300C do you have? The 5.7 or the SRT8?

oh.im so sorry.i type wrong info.this is correct .
1 x Posi Quiet Ceramic brake pads - rear (D1057) (63-105-1057)
1 x Posi Quiet Ceramic brake pads - front (D1058) (63-105-1058)

my 300c is 5.7 Hemi 2006

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By "high tone noise" do you mean the brakes are squealing? Does this only happen under light braking? If you press the brake pedal harder, the noise stops?

Have you tried bedding the brakes per the instructions here: Instructions for bedding in your brakes

yes yes sound like squealing...so i need to do the Instructions for bedding??anyway i will let the local garage to do it.cos i dont know how to work it.i though the pad was deal...

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
yes yes sound like squealing...so i need to do the Instructions for bedding??anyway i will let the local garage to do it.cos i dont know how to work it.i though the pad was deal...
The local garage doesn't need to do it. "Bedding" simply consists of a series of hard braking events. Do you really want your mechanic doing that to your car? ;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The local garage doesn't need to do it. "Bedding" simply consists of a series of hard braking events. Do you really want your mechanic doing that to your car? ;)
for those page.i read it.the english is seem too deep for me.is that mean i drive 80mph also footdown the brake a bit.so the pad will get hot something like that?and this action do it 5~8 times.??this is my understanding.maybe im wrong/:pat:

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
for those page.i read it.the english is seem too deep for me.is that mean i drive 80mph also footdown the brake a bit.so the pad will get hot something like that?and this action do it 5~8 times.??this is my understanding.maybe im wrong/:pat:
Sorry. Let me make it simple.

Drive 60mph

Brake hard to 15mph

Accelerate to 60mph

Brake hard to 15mph.

Do it 8 times.

Do not come to a complete stop.

Drive for 5 minutes to let the brakes cool.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry. Let me make it simple.

Drive 60mph

Brake hard to 15mph

Accelerate to 60mph

Brake hard to 15mph.

Do it 8 times.

Do not come to a complete stop.

Drive for 5 minutes to let the brakes cool.

wow.i need do this on highway..and 60mph is around 120km?

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts