Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's.

I'm looking at putting a turbo on my 5.7ltr and i am looking for some advice as it's hard to get any here in Australia.

The issue here is that logically a small turbo gives more power at low speed compared to a large turbo that gives more hp at higher speeds.

As my car is a street car i can only travel at a maximum speed of 110km/hr ( 70miles/hr ) and if i want tickets but not loose my licence then 140km/hr ( 87miles/hr ).

Also the smaller turbo will offer less lag if tuned correctly.

So i am seeking advice as to what size turbo i should consider without going to big.

Any help would be great.

PS... I don't want to consider a supercharger as yet due to cost difference between US$ Vs AUS$,

Thanks in Advance.

AL

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Where are you going to mount them or it? Single or twins?

Problem with the LX platform is they are VERY tight for snails... I looked deep into this prior to doing my blower and gave up as I didn't want to make some of the sacrifices required to use turbos...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi silver,

I was thinking about this set up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
It's tight... Hellion made a kit that mounts up by the cats, tight fit and runs hot but damn they work!

I looked at that location and also inside the bumper skin as the engine bay is too tight and too hot... Decided that honestly it was going to be a kit or a supercharger as custom was simply a huge undertaking... I went centri s/c and haven't looked back. Cost me half what a custom turbo build would and the car rolls out hard.. Still went custom intercooler etc, but that was easier to plumb than hot and cold turbo lines...

Now... If you want to do that... I'd do 2 small turbos, I'll find the info I gathered and post it up, size restriction for placement was a tough one... They all looked like they'd hang so low.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts