Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a chrome delete on ther 300c and how’d they go about doing it?

Picking up my first 300c next week with chrome windows, door handles and mirrors, I would like to black it out but I’m not sure if it’s possible.

Would plasti dip work or would it look sh*t being matte black.

I’ve already brought a black grille, got some 20” black rim lined up and king springs to lower it 2”.

Attachments

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
One way a lot of owners have done is remove the pieces and paint them the color of their choosing, such as body color.

Another option is to buy the body colored or paint ready pieces from MOPAR.

You can get window trims already painted in black if you wish.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I tried the plastidip and honestly did not care for the look. It was my first time doing it though so that could have something to do with it. I ended up vinyl wrapping several parts. I blacked out the chrome grill and slats, chrome on front bumper, chrome around the windows and even tinted the headlights and taillights. Also my first time using vinyl. Came out way better than I thought it would and last way longer than plastidip. You can see some imperfections if you are within 3 feet of the car but further than that you would not notice anything. You can vinyl almost anything and in any color. Just need a heat gun and an exacto knife and patience. Enjoy the ride.

I attached a few pics. Hopefully you can see them.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
The headlights, mirrors, door handles, and taillights are all covers. Just search the internet, and you should be able to find some. I got mine from fasthemis. The front bumper trim (yes it's missing right now) back bumper trim, and the badges are all plastidip, which I wouldn't recommend, just paint it. The grill is an aftermarket one as you can tell. Recently I just had my headlights pulled apart and painted which you can see in the 3rd pic. The window trim is wrapped as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like the outcome for your car. Having this futuristic vibe.
Appreciate it. Definitely the most luxurious car I've owned. And now that I did a track pack suspension it handles so much better. I can beat up some mountain roads with it now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts