Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im debating whether or not to add chrome mirrors 2 my touring, i already have the chrome molding over the window. and im putting chrome handles on it, i just wanted some opinions on whether or not it would good, or is it 2 much chrome since i did the fog lights also. heres a pic,

·
Registered
15 Posts
looking good - I have a touring also - I have decided not to over kill and keep it classy... I like the blacked out look myself but hey - that's just me... so I don't plan on chrome mirrors or handles... my wheels do the talking on the chrome... where did you get the window kit... that's something I do wanna do...

·
Registered
49 Posts
MakaveliFaison said:
Im debating whether or not to add chrome mirrors 2 my touring, i already have the chrome molding over the window. and im putting chrome handles on it, i just wanted some opinions on whether or not it would good, or is it 2 much chrome since i did the fog lights also. heres a pic,
Hi there, your car's looking Great, our cars in the UK come as standard with both the mirrors and the window surrounds in Chrome and it looks wonderful! we've also added the 20" monostar wheels, the front splitter, startech illuminated side sills and the twin pipe sports exhaust. Still waiting for the rear valance and spoiler and the interior Alcantara pack.

All the best from Scotland

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
MakaveliFaison said:

To me it's all or nothing. Your already halfway there with the chrome. Might as well go all out. You've lost the subtle look already.

·
Registered
98 Posts
IMHO, go with the chrome. I like the look! Am adding chrome to mine as I can afford. Or I should say that I am adding to my wife's car. :newangel:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I like the chrome too. What I hate is this plasti-chrome fades off over time. My 94 Dodge Ram has chrome mirrors and grille and there is a lot of yellow/brown base color showing through, almost speckled.

·
Registered
98 Posts
BrilliantBlackHemi said:
I like the chrome too. What I hate is this plasti-chrome fades off over time. My 94 Dodge Ram has chrome mirrors and grille and there is a lot of yellow/brown base color showing through, almost speckled.
I should alter my statement... I like the shine but I prefer to add stainless steel just for the reasons that you mentioned.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Chrome- yes or no

MakaveliFaison said:

The 300 is beautiful either way. Probley 50% of the members will like the chrome and 50% will like the body color mirrors.

·
Banned
223 Posts
What do you got on your foglights ? Is that something you bought or made yourself. I got the chrome strips on my foglights but for some reason yours look bigger. Lmk.

Also no doubt i'll go with the chrome mirrors. If I dont trade my car in i'll be adding the chrome mirrors & handles. I already got the chrome window molding. (However im gonna have to redo them)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NDENT said:
What do you got on your foglights ? Is that something you bought or made yourself. I got the chrome strips on my foglights but for some reason yours look bigger. Lmk.

Also no doubt i'll go with the chrome mirrors. If I dont trade my car in i'll be adding the chrome mirrors & handles. I already got the chrome window molding. (However im gonna have to redo them)
Thanx for all the comments, I think I'm gonna put the chrome mirrors on since I'm gonna put on the handles, I just didn't wanna over do the chrome 2 much b4 I got some wheels. And as for my fog lights, I made mesh inserts myself bout a month ago. I just wanted 2 b different from everybody else. I'm putting a new set of wings on my grill 2day that I made, ill post pix lata. :banana:
Oh yeah one more thing, do u think I should add mesh to the rest of my foglights or just leave the 1 row meshed how it is? Thanx

·
Registered
101 Posts
hi man u know i think chrome mirrors is the missing part on ur vehicle. i had them on mine in stock

·
Registered
98 Posts
MakaveliFaison said:
Thanx for all the comments, I think I'm gonna put the chrome mirrors on since I'm gonna put on the handles, I just didn't wanna over do the chrome 2 much b4 I got some wheels. And as for my fog lights, I made mesh inserts myself bout a month ago. I just wanted 2 b different from everybody else. I'm putting a new set of wings on my grill 2day that I made, ill post pix lata. :banana:
Oh yeah one more thing, do u think I should add mesh to the rest of my foglights or just leave the 1 row meshed how it is? Thanx
The more that you make your car, "your own", the better that I like it.

You are doing a great job making your own inserts but since you asked, IMHO you should leave it as you have it. Looks terrific as well as differnet. Which is, according to you own words, what you were after. I think that you have succeeded!!

·
Banned
223 Posts
MakaveliFaison said:

Add more mesh. Also while you add it make me a set lol. JK however lmk you did them as thats something I might wanna do to mines.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
here is a pic of my wings i just put on. im not completely finished yet.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
did you cut them wings off our stock grille? looks nice.. btw, I would just leave it at that (no chrome mirrors or handles).. Also, your DUB grille is looking good.. I like..
peace out....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HEMMISSEY said:
did you cut them wings off our stock grille? looks nice.. btw, I would just leave it at that (no chrome mirrors or handles).. Also, your DUB grille is looking good.. I like..
peace out....
Yeah, I cut the wings off of my factory grill, and removed the chrysler emblem. Then I went and got some plexy glass and cut an oval and paited it black with black adhesiveee behind it, then I put on the jordan "jumpman" emblem. I took off of work 2morrow so I can go 2 the florida 300cforums meet in clearwater, so if ur in fl ill have my car out there

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
heres da last pics imma post for now. i used a betta camera

·
Registered
823 Posts
I like no door moulding and chrome handles myself. I think chrome mirrors do not add/detract either way. I would just leave it as-is (but look into chrome door handles)

I like this look:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts