Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted or chrome?
I have a deposit on a SRT/8 :confused: am trying to decide to order chrome mirrors and door handles thru parts,I think it gives this car a great look at a cheap price>any thouths????

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
John G said:
Painted or chrome?
I have a deposit on a SRT/8 :confused: am trying to decide to order chrome mirrors and door handles thru parts,I think it gives this car a great look at a cheap price>any thouths????
I have always maintained that the SRT should have more accents and not look so much like a mid range 300...however others disagree and maintain that for the sporty look, body color is the way to go...your choice.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Since you're asking for opinions... I like the chromed door handles and would probably order them too, I like how they accent the beltline. But I couldn't care less about the chomed mirrors, in fact on a bright sunny day they can be annoying.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I tend to like full body paint. On my C I have been thinking about removing some chrome and painting others.

The 300s have to much plastic where paint or chrome should be e.g. the connection from the side mirrors to the car and the pillars.

If you have black the plastic blends in but as most of us here are 'very involved' the plasctic look should go.

If I had the SRT I probably wouldn't get the chrome but have the plastic parts color matched.

Either way, stock, chrome, or color matched you're gonna have a nice car!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
i thought about thsi too. i am still undecided on the SRT-8 vs the C and i know, if the price isnt too insane that i would order the chrome cladded mirrors and handels

what prie are they telling you at your dealer?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
according to mopar super center on this forum around $140 for door handles,$295 for mirrors.I will probably buy door handles to accent the Asantie wheels #af131 which is a deep 8-spoke wheel to match the SRT/8.

·
Registered
174 Posts
John G said:
according to mopar super center on this forum around $140 for door handles,$295 for mirrors.I will probably buy door handles to accent the Asantie wheels #af131 which is a deep 8-spoke wheel to match the SRT/8.

wow! that is absurd for some plastic!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
DC have said the 300 (both models of only 2 to be release here) for Australia will not have much chrome as they reckon Aussies don't like it. That is not necessarily true.

So, crappy Magnum wheels, possibly no chrome mirrors or door handles. I gotta wait and see. Maybe I will need to buy them after taking delivery. :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you replace stock 20" srt-8 wheels what do you plan on selling them for?

John G said:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will keep them,I have always changed out wheels on my vehicles,keep stock wheels ,turn back to stock when I sale.

·
Registered
440 Posts
John G said:
I will keep them,I have always changed out wheels on my vehicles,keep stock wheels ,turn back to stock when I sale.
I can't find anything on the wheels that you mentioned, do you have a link?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks jjs,It would help if I proof read before posting! What do you think of the Asanti af131??I like its bold looks with 8- wide spokes,to match the soon to be bad a** SRT/8.Let me know .

·
Registered
440 Posts
John G said:
Thanks jjs,It would help if I proof read before posting! What do you think of the Asanti af131??I like its bold looks with 8- wide spokes,to match the soon to be bad a** SRT/8.Let me know .
It would be nice if the site had a spel chacker ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts