Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know ive seen alot of 300c's with the chrome scuff guard that goes on the back bumper...i want one for my 300 srt8 the ones i see on ebay only say there good for the 300 or 300 touring not the srt8..do they make one just for the srt8s whats the difference anyways???...anyone know where to get this for the car?....i have an idea i want to buy one and try it...thanks

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Not sure what piece you are referring to. "Scuff guard" might be the rear bumper fascia top cap? If so, the 300C piece will work. They just didn't make chrome ones for the SRT cars...those were all body color.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that's what I mean...they made them body color?...I want something on my rear bumper to protect it from things going in and out of my trunk...

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
What I did with mine was put 3M clear bra shield over the top of the rear fascia...that saved it from stuff going in and out of the trunk.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Scuff guard is really a misnomer for that piece. While it will save your bumper from scuffs, the piece itself is scuffed VERY easily, and can't be buffed out like your bumper can. It's made of plastic, so it's pretty weak - in my opinion.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
^^^^ So true ^^^^

That's why I put the clear bra on it.

I've also seen some aftermarket "scuff guards" which were a form of mat affixed to the net posts inside the trunk and rolled out to cover the area before you load.

·
Banned
294 Posts
Scuff guard is really a misnomer for that piece. While it will save your bumper from scuffs, the piece itself is scuffed VERY easily, and can't be buffed out like your bumper can. It's made of plastic, so it's pretty weak - in my opinion.
I agree with you. Saw a 300 in the parking lot and the chrome was all scuffed up. Looked like the guy dragged a brick across it. Looked horrible. I like the chrome on mine, and am REAL careful when putting anything - which is not often - in my trunk.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys see my idea is i dont want it chrome..being my 300 is all blacked out..i was going to plastic dip it black..it gets scuffed touch it up again...my bumper already has a few scuffs in it from the previous owner so instead of getting the whole bumper re-sprayed...i was thinking of using that...yrs ago i bought from mopar the one that fit the magnum i had it was like a hard black rubber piece i dont think they make that for the 300 unless the magnum one fits???

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
The Magnum one does not fit so that's why I added the clear bra to that top cap on the rear bumper fascia.

All SRT rear bumper caps are body colored.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok that makes sense where can I get that cap tho?...the ones I see on ebay are chrome...I haven't seen a body color one yet...

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Check with an online authorized MOPAR parts seller, such as airparkcjd on eBay.

Dealers can also get it for you. In fact, Airpark CJDR is a dealer in Scottsdale, AZ who beats the heck outta my local dealer on parts prices, even with freight costs factored in.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks i sent him a email to ask if he has any...thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts