Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Would you consider this molding kit for your 300?

• Yes, I would consider this.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No, I would not consider this.

Votes: 25 89.3%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently working with the manufacturer on a chrome side mldg kit. Below is a picture of the kit mounted on a Magnum, but the moldings will fit a 300 as well. We would like to receive some input to determine if this would be a viable stocking item.

Your vote will help us to determine possible stock. We will bring you pricing in the very near future. Any feedback would also be welcomed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It looks nice on the Magnum but don't think it would look as good on the 300C just my 2cents. But then again pics might help

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Ted, I would be VERY interested... have talked about chroming the oem mouldings because the paint chips off easily. I have questions however:

1) Will they fit in the current moulding position on the 300 or do they have to be placed in line with the door handles as shown on the Magnum? Would this require holes to be filled??

2) Is it necessary to remove the C badging?

3) Can you provide 300 pics?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Answers to questions above.

1) They mount in a higher position than the stock door moldings. The stock moldings are held on by adhesive (I need to verify this).

2) I do not think the 300C badge will be in the way of the front fender molding.

3) I will check on pictures for a 300, will be out of the office tomorrow, so I will get back on it Friday.

Another question not brought up here. The moldings come with the door handle covers as well, for those who do not have chrome handles (or offered as an option).

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
i will try and do a photchop of the molding for you ted... also the kit all just tapes on and the door handles are covered with chrome facias, so if your 3 aint a C then you got chrome handles ....

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
300c with side chrome moldings..

heres another shabby photochop by yours truly, but if you squint your eyes it looks pretty good....lol

tz

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
thin

Maybe if they were Thinner on the 300 they wouldnt look so out there.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Life has no meaning or purpose anymore now that I HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING, There is nothing else to see, I can honestly say I have seen everything. Is it just me or does that C thumbnail look like that car in the movie "The Car" a devil possesed 2005 butchered 300C 30 years ahead of it's time. If you have not seen this movie, do so , one of the great awful car movies, actually fairly entertaining and very stupid. Also see DUEL, Steven Spielbergs first movie starring Dennis Weaver around 1972, a guy in a Dodge Dart (I'm sure with a 225 slant six) running from an 18 wheeler "suped up diesel" oil truck, an absolute must see.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Thanks for the answers Ted. The problem is, if they're mounted high, these would be strictly ornamental vs. practical, they'll provide no protection and this is one car that really needs it due to it's wide body and curves.

If tommyz's photoshop is even close to how they would look, they're just too big. How about asking your guys to do a chrome moulding to replicate the OEM??

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
the moldings arent that big, id say my chop they are 3" in real life they are 1.5" wide, but as far as door ding protection....only if you park next to a monster truck. so yes they are strictly for show...

·
Banned
10 Posts
How much is that stripping going to cost us... "I like it!!!" I have an '05 (Black) 300 "Base Model" and I'm trying to do something like that to my car to catch the look up to a "C" or the "Hemi" models... I'm about to order these black Rims ( Forte F3 Signs ) . Either 20's or 22's... What's your opinion on the wheels? You can veiw them on: http://www.victoriatire.com/wheels....66&&name=F3&make=[make]&model=[model]&size=20
Please Help!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
I would also like to see the trim a little thinner than what's shown in the photo. My wife thinks it's overkill... Do you have any real photo's yet?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts