Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ted, I just drove by a Limited. It had 4 thin chrome strips that fit into the groove on both the front and rear bumper face. 2 in the front bumper, 2 in the rear. Can you get these, and if so how much?
Thanks!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Answered over the phone.
We need to do some research to find out how we can get these to fit properly, different bumper covers. The moldings attach via flat blades that stick through a slot cut into the bumper cover, they just snap in. So we need to see if this could be easily done using a dremel tool or something similar.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Yes im looking for some chrome parts like this for my Touring also. If you get any update please keep us updated as i'll buy them asap.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
[email protected]

NDENT and Ramvett, if you want the small chrome strips that are on the bumper covers of the Touring, and Limited models etc.. (except the Hemi C) Just purchase the ones that go on the "Touring" model! I ordered it thru Ted a while back when i had my BASE model. There are tabs along the backside on the chrome strips, all you have to do is dremel them down smooth (unless you want to slot cut the bumper :eek: ) and go purchase some 3m double sided tape, trace, cut and peel then stick.. and wwaaalllhhh' your done.. :D

Attachments

·
Banned
223 Posts
Well i got a Touring & was looking for something like the C has.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me thinks those 4 pieces are around $40 a piece. Like wannaBC says, I think you can shave off the tabs and glue them on. I've also heard of someone on ebay selling pieces of flexible chrome strips (comes in a roll?)with 3M tape to stick in these bumper grooves, but I have no idea how they would look or last. Id like these too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
RamVett said:
Me thinks those 4 pieces are around $40 a piece. Like wannaBC says, I think you can shave off the tabs and glue them on. I've also heard of someone on ebay selling pieces of flexible chrome strips (comes in a roll?)with 3M tape to stick in these bumper grooves, but I have no idea how they would look or last. Id like these too.

I emailed that guy on ebay about just the 4 little strips that fit in the grooves under the lights front & rear and he told me $40 or $50 (i forget which it was $10 less than the "full set"). I also asked if the ends were "finished" or just cut off and he said they were just flat cut ends. I was thinking about seeing how they would look on the "c" as a little subtle addition but don't want any half a$$ed cheaply finished parts ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PixelPusher said:
I emailed that guy on ebay about just the 4 little strips that fit in the grooves under the lights front & rear and he told me $40 or $50 (i forget which it was $10 less than the "full set"). I also asked if the ends were "finished" or just cut off and he said they were just flat cut ends. I was thinking about seeing how they would look on the "c" as a little subtle addition but don't want any half a$$ed cheaply finished parts ;)
I can tell you I saw them, its just a roll of chrome looking 3M stuff that is cut to certain lengths. I'm thinkin pretty soon someone is gonna have a kit, too many people are looking for these accents.

·
Banned
223 Posts
I was gonna buy that kit but the auction ending. It was for 9pcs. It included the fog light strips & a strip for the trunk. He was selling it for $59.99 + shipping.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NDENT said:
I was gonna buy that kit but the auction ending. It was for 9pcs. It included the fog light strips & a strip for the trunk. He was selling it for $59.99 + shipping.
NDENT-don't do it , you will not be very happy at all. I have seen these and returned them. Just my opinion.
I'm thinking maybe to buy those factory pieces from Ted, if we can get a deal on all four, and then shave the backs and tape them on?

·
Registered
109 Posts
RamVett said:
NDENT-don't do it , you will not be very happy at all. I have seen these and returned them. Just my opinion.
I'm thinking maybe to buy those factory pieces from Ted, if we can get a deal on all four, and then shave the backs and tape them on?
guy's i think that glue on trim is the same stuff i used on my doors. its chrome, and 3-m adhesive, 10.00 a roll of 15ft.. you can't see the chrome well in this pick, cause i couldn't open the door all the way.....

·
Banned
223 Posts
RamVett said:
What do you mean by shave the backs ?

Also your saying stay away from the fog light & trunk strips ? they look nice installed but i've only saw pics never in person.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
O Stress said:
guy's i think that glue on trim is the same stuff i used on my doors. its chrome, and 3-m adhesive, 10.00 a roll of 15ft.. you can't see the chrome well in this pick, cause i couldn't open the door all the way.....
O Stress--
2 questions:
how WIDE is this trim you have?
where did you purchase?
Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NDENT said:
What do you mean by shave the backs ?

Also your saying stay away from the fog light & trunk strips ? they look nice installed but i've only saw pics never in person.
NDENT-
on the back of the factory solid pieces are "tabs" molded as part of the piece. These tabs push into the bumpers of I think Touring and Limited, 300C models? These models have slots cut from the factory into the bumper covers for the chrome pieces to snap into.
As far as the stuff on Ebay, like I said, its just plastic chrome trim that sticks "onto" the fog lamp mini grilles. My opinion, it looked gawdy, remember, my opinion only!

·
Registered
109 Posts
RamVett said:
O Stress--
2 questions:
how WIDE is this trim you have?
where did you purchase?
Thanks
It's 5/16th '' wide x 3/16th'' thick.......and i picked it up at autozone. its body side molding..............just make sure you clean with denatured alcohol, whatever you apply to, for good adhesion..................

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
O Stress said:
It's 5/16th '' wide x 3/16th'' thick.......and i picked it up at autozone. its body side molding..............just make sure you clean with denatured alcohol, whatever you apply to, for good adhesion..................
Sounds good....I'll see if local AutoZone stocks it. Any secrets on how to make the end cuts look good?

·
Registered
97 Posts
The trim

you can get the chrome strip on a roll from you local Advance, Auto Zone store and its call fender molding. It has 3m stick tape on the back and it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Midnight said:
you can get the chrome strip on a roll from you local Advance, Auto Zone store and its call fender molding. It has 3m stick tape on the back and it works.
Midnight-
sounds good. Did you use on exterior? Pics? How did you cut the ends to look nice?
By chance would you have the P/N for this tape?
Thanks
BTW--we have the same Midnight Blue...awesome color!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts