Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys recently I tried painting the chrome trim bellow my head lights and tail lights. However, I did not remove them, because I was unsure as to how they came off. I didn't want to pull them completely off and break them then have my car look like garbage and now know where to get replacements. I taped them off, sanded, sanded, then etching primer, black paint, clear coat. I did not do this for the thicker trim that runs along the side of the car underneath the windows. Well the paint is starting to flake in a few places mainly the hard to sand places. Note: I had to sand them while still on my car since I didn't take them off. :yuck:

Basically I want to know if anyone knows where I could buy new black trim for both bumbers and the thick trim underneath the window. I'm hesitant to sand and paint the window trim.

If anyone has an easier way, or has sucessfully removed and re-installed the bumper trim, and window trim please share!

These trim pieces are the only remaining chrome left on my car and its driving me crazy!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes of course. Sorry for the quality of the pictures and the ice, it was a tad bit cold this morning lol.

Attachments

·
Vendor
416 Posts
Unfortunately I do not have a good way to remove the existing trim. There is a guy here who used to work for Chrysler. He told me that for the window sill moldings you need to take off the door panel and they bolt from the inside, and the front and rear bumper trim clip in from the rear (however the plastic clips break while removing 9 out of 10 times). I do have pieces that will cap over what you have. They are chrome pieces that you can either have painted, or paint on your own prior to applying them to the vehicle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
SO how is the chrome trim removed fromt he bumpers? Just pop them off and get new ones? Im thinking about going all black on my car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi there im new to this site my name is gary, im coming to the US in march las vegas to be honest i need some help in finding some shops in vegas who sell trims and wheels and lambo door gear for a 300c im in the process of buying a 300c and im looking to fully pimp my ride i no america is a large place so if there are better shops in other states i could order the gear and get it delivered to the hotel where im staying but i do like to look at the items first before i make my mind up so come on you petrol heads please help a man in midlife crisis so the wife thinks to fullfil his dream and let him pimp his ride best regards gary

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SO how is the chrome trim removed fromt he bumpers? Just pop them off and get new ones? Im thinking about going all black on my car.
There is a slide clip that holds in the place in two spots per bumper trim. Your options are take the bumper off so you have easier access or I've been told you can break them off and replace them, but I don't suggest it sounds like more damage than its worth. I encourage the murdered out look, finally getting there with my ride love it! :fing02:

·
Registered
38 Posts
An alternative to painting the 300C lower window trim, Magnum lower window trim will fit perfectly. It's just a matter of trying to take the originals off.

Anyway, here's how to take it off:

Actually, you need to remove the door panels to remove the small trim and the large trim. You run the risk of scratching up the paint and losing the small clips behind the panels on the small trim if you don't remove the door panels.

Additionally, to get to a front bolt behind the mirror for the trim under the window you must remove the door panel. Here is a photo I took when I removed mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts