Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
Would love some advice on where to begin. Wipers, turn signal and passenger side window seem to work and then they go out sporadically. Could this be the PCM alone or is it possibly the multifunction switch? Obviously not a fuse issue because it works on occasion. Also, when i turn the car off and let it sit for a while, the windows will suddenly work again. Also, the wipers will work sometimes even if the windows don't...any advice is very welcome.

Thank you,
I really don't know much about cars, but doing lots of youtubeing and reading.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Hello
Would love some advice on where to begin. Wipers, turn signal and passenger side window seem to work and then they go out sporadically. Could this be the PCM alone or is it possibly the multifunction switch? Obviously not a fuse issue because it works on occasion. Also, when i turn the car off and let it sit for a while, the windows will suddenly work again. Also, the wipers will work sometimes even if the windows don't...any advice is very welcome.

Thank you,
I really don't know much about cars, but doing lots of youtubeing and reading.
It would help to know what you drive.

Also, the e-brake is a purely mechanical system. I don't understand it could fail intermittently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would help to know what you drive.

Also, the e-brake is a purely mechanical system. I don't understand it could fail intermittently.
Apologies Chrysler 300 2005 . Yes, once the emergency brake goes on, it has to be turned off manually at the dealers but I have No idea how it is coming on, as I am not hitting it.

Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
125 Posts
"...once the emergency brake goes on, it has to be turned off manually ..."

When the indicator light shows the brake is on... try lifting up on the peddle (with the toe of your shoe) while pulling the release lever. If the spring has gotten weak, it takes very little to make it appear on... and the spring doesn't pull it back hard enough when just the release is pulled.

Likely the least of your concerns, but seemed worth a mention

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"...once the emergency brake goes on, it has to be turned off manually ..."

When the indicator light shows the brake is on... try lifting up on the peddle (with the toe of your shoe) while pulling the release lever. If the spring has gotten weak, it takes very little to make it appear on... and the spring doesn't pull it back hard enough when just the release is pulled.

Likely the least of your concerns, but seemed worth a mention
OK, will do! Thank you so much!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The first thing I would try is to use an advanced scantool to check for trouble codes.

Next I would have the battery and alternator load tested.

If there are no trouble codes and the battery & alternator are in good shape, I'd start checking the fuses for burn marks or other signs of heat damage.

It's a good idea to also check the main underhood grounds, and the battery and front/rear power module connections, to be sure all are clean and tight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first thing I would try is to use an advanced scantool to check for trouble codes.

Next I would have the battery and alternator load tested.

If there are no trouble codes and the battery & alternator are in good shape, I'd start checking the fuses for burn marks or other signs of heat damage.

It's a good idea to also check the main underhood grounds, and the battery and front/rear power module connections, to be sure all are clean and tight.
Dear Kind Sir!

So many thank yous! Will check it all tomorrow.thank you !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts