Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Chysler 300 HID Conversion Kit

The Hylux HID conversion kit contains everything you need to convert your factory halogen headlamps into HID, High Intensity Discharge.

Ballast: In any HID kit, the ballasts are the most important component. At Diode Dynamics, we conduct extensive electrical measurement to determine which ballasts to offer. We offer the industry-leading ballast from HYLUX. They are smallest you will find, about the size of a pack of playing cards. Included are the features of automatic reverse polarity protection, EMI circuit shielding, hot restrike protection, and is fully waterproof and shockproof. It has all of the speed and arc control accuracy that comes with the new digital technology, to ensure long bulb life. The HYLUX ballast will provide the very best quality available.

Bulb:
The bulbs included are produced by Precision HID, and are laser-aligned for easy alignment and installation, as well as long bulb life. The bulb temperatures are rated accurately in Kelvin temperature, and have an industry-standard 2500 hours of estimated bulb life, which should outlast your vehicle. We offer 3000K (pure yellow), 4300K (pure white), 6000K (ice white), and 8000K (ice blue). We do not offer deep blue or purple colors, so don't ask!

Warranty: Do not be fooled by overrated "lifetime" warranties from other manufacturers and distributors. The warranty is only as good as what the company actually replaces. Our warranty is through Diode Dynamics, LLC, so you can be assured that you will get fast and friendly service should you have any problems. In addition to the 3-year limited warranty included with all of our products, your HID kit comes with a limited lifetime warranty. This lifetime warranty covers the ballasts and wiring for the lifetime of your HID kit.

Shipment: We carry our own inventory, so no waiting for them to be shipped from overseas, or waiting on big, unreliable suppliers to ship them. They ship right from our own inventory, in St. Louis, Missouri, usually the same day you order.
Kit comes with:
  • One pair HID bulbs in your choice of bulb size and color
  • Two 35w super-slim ballasts (Precision or HYLUX)
  • Mounting hardware for ballasts
  • Three-year limited warranty on all components
  • Free Diode Dynamics decal
  • Diode Dynamics 30-day satisfaction guarantee
  • HID Relay Harness (Optional) to protect your factory electronics.

2005-2015 Chrysler 300 Low Beam Kit

Chrysler 300 High Beam Kits

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 08 with halogens but I think I have projector beam. would they work and do I still need the anti flicker I been reading about
They will work with the canbus ballasts and HID relay. Otherwise you'll need to add DRL warning cancelers with the precision ballasts.

Feel free to call us if you'd like more information: 314-205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just received my HID conversion order for xmas. Now the HARD part...waiting for Christmas to open up my "gift" from my wife! I can't wait.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
583 Posts
Have my new DD kit installed for a week now. Love it! Fits like a charm and worked perfectly on first turn-on and ever since. Much brighter than halogens. Now that I have HID's, dont know why I didnt do this two years ago! Everyone needs to do this. I got the 5000k color which looks great with the LED running lights. Glad I did not get the 6000k as those would not put out as much visible light as the 5000k. [DD, your documentation should be better, though. This kit does not have the relay (doesnt need one) but the installation sheet was for the relay and not for my case. No guidance on the loose blue wire, but I guessed it was a ground and screwed it to the body and it works.].

Reactions: Jim777

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have my new DD kit installed for a week now. Love it! Fits like a charm and worked perfectly on first turn-on and ever since. Much brighter than halogens. Now that I have HID's, dont know why I didnt do this two years ago! Everyone needs to do this. I got the 5000k color which looks great with the LED running lights. Glad I did not get the 6000k as those would not put out as much visible light as the 5000k. [DD, your documentation should be better, though. This kit does not have the relay (doesnt need one) but the installation sheet was for the relay and not for my case. No guidance on the loose blue wire, but I guessed it was a ground and screwed it to the body and it works.].

Thank you for the feedback, we are actually in the process of updating our installation guides to make it easier to follow.

5000K is my personal favorite as well, and matches the factory LED DRLs perfectly.

The relay harness is an optional extra, but doesn't make the install more complicated

Nick C.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just tried a HID kit and even with the anti flicker I was still getting the lights flickering they told me I needed to bypass my DRL. Will I have the same problem with these I am looking for a straight plug and play

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Oops, I did it again! Well, not an "oops" but that sounded good. Bought and installed my second HID kit in 1.5 years. This time for my new 2017. Again, the install went without a hitch and they fired up the first time. Very nice DD. Now, if we could just get Chrysler to give us a little bit more working room around those dust caps...VERY tight around the air intake...almost no room for the ballast and three other little boxes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts