Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have these yet? In this picture they actually look like they are not installed correctly. Those protuding pieces around the top and on the b-pillars should be inside rather than on top. NE1 else think so? Comments!

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
E55 KEV said:
Anyone have these yet? In this picture they actually look like they are not installed correctly. Those protuding pieces around the top and on the b-pillars should be inside rather than on top. NE1 else think so? Comments!

There are actually two types of 'ventvisors'...ones that adhere to the outside of the vehicle with foam tape and ones that install in the channel of hte window itself.

http://www.carxpressions.com/exterior/ventvisors.htm

Not sure who made the ones you show so I can't really give more detail.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
I have a comment...

Not for MY car!
If it doesn't enhance... not a chance!!

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Not for MY car!
If it doesn't enhance... not a chance!!
Define enhance.

What to you may not be useful is not the case for others. I don't like the stick on vents on vehicles, but the in-the-channel type are not too bad, allows for faster defogging even while raining, allows for windows to be left open a tad for ventilation in 100 degree summers without concern for rain running into the car, etc.

To me that IS an enhancement.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
jjs said:
Define enhance.
What to you may not be useful is not the case for others. I don't like the stick on vents on vehicles, but the in-the-channel type are not too bad, allows for faster defogging even while raining, allows for windows to be left open a tad for ventilation in 100 degree summers without concern for rain running into the car, etc.

To me that IS an enhancement.
For me the definition of enhance is to beautify... my opinion, which is purely subjective and not meant to influence your decision or that of others. Comments were requested and I obliged. That's what we're all here for... to see what others have to say and make informed decisions for ourselves. Your post relates to functionality/usefulness - your opinion - and more power to you should you decide to use them.

Like I said... not for MY (key word) car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have installed the Weathertech vent visors over the weekend, these look much better than the stick on visors like that pictured above. Also by using the Weathertech visors you can remove them later if you want without having to worry about getting all that tape off of your finish.

I'll try to get some pics this afternoon and post them. There was another thread about these a couple of weeks ago, someone was wondering about the side mirror being partially blocked by using this type. The passenger side visor very slightly protrudes into the vision of the mirror, I'll take outside and inside photos.

When installing these, I would recommend doing it in the evening. I found out that our 300C has a safety feature that makes the window go down when it meets resistance. You will have to play with the window switch to force the window to close completely. After it sits all night, the pressure of the glass on the visors helps them to seat properly. By the next morning the windows worked perfectly going up & down.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i saw the window deflectors on a cool vanilla, they realy made the car look cheap, to each their own. what ever you like .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here are some pics of the Weathertech window visors. They are not the greatest because I took them this evening inside my garage. After I install my painted splash guards, I will take some better ones outside in the daylight.
I just wanted to show the difference between the "tape on" style and the "in the channel" style.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Appreciate the photos - they look pretty good and adds functionality.
On the list!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the Weathertech visor better. They mount on the inside. don't like the stick on jobbies with the extra lip on the outside.

Jade05 - how much and where to get them? thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts