Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, so when I bought the Chrysler 300C 2012 secondhand the screen is fully working except for when I go onto the "phone" mode area. It is stuck on "please wait" and when I press the screen it does nothing except make a noise when I press it. We've been trying to find out why nothings happening but with no luck. The garage I bought the car from told me that the system needs an update but it's impossible to find the cable and been looking for about 4 months now, Because we couldn't find the cable we tried fitting a Bluetooth module in but it did nothing. I'm not sure if it's the Bluetooth or the screen because I can't get into the section to even connect or check the Bluetooth full stop. Does anyone know why the screen is like this and how I can fix it please? I've tried to attach video it won't let me I'm happy to send to anyone
EDIT: I've found a new radio for Chrysler 300C 2018, could that fix the problem? And would it be compatible?
Appreciate any help!

·
Registered
206 Posts
If its just the phone issue you are having trouble with it is the bluetooth module. These are know to fail and I have already replaced mine in my 2012. They are pricey but simple to replace. It is located under your left knee on the driver side dash. You can try disconnecting the module and connecting again to see if it works. But doubt it. Good luck.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If its just the phone issue you are having trouble with it is the bluetooth module. These are know to fail and I have already replaced mine in my 2012. They are pricey but simple to replace. It is located under your left knee on the driver side dash. You can try disconnecting the module and connecting again to see if it works. But doubt it. Good luck.

View attachment 177016
Hello, thankyou so much for your response! We did initially try fitting a different module in but with no luck. Does it have to be a specific type of Bluetooth module?

·
Registered
206 Posts
This is the one I purchased. You can look at the model number.

Screenshot Font Rectangle Computer component Engineering

Reactions: fiivit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great thankyou so much, I'll give it a try! The sounds also stopped working in the car too which is so weird

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you lost sound then there is a bigger problem. The bluetooth module only handles hands free stuff. Good luck.

Reactions: commander
1 - 6 of 6 Posts