Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Nice results. If Chrysler added another 25-28K to the price of the car 300C could probably outperform across the board. :) So it comes to one either paying a lot up front and saving a bit on gas or a bit more for gas over time but substantially less upfront. 0.3 second difference here and there is peanuts for most of us and enthusiasts compensate for this with a few mods at much lower cost. However I wish Chrysler started to pay more attention to handling.

·
Registered
300 Posts
300c versus lexus 450h

I've driven the lexus 450 h hybrid and I'm a bit surprised it outhandled the 300c around the pilons . The lexus is a more refined car and don't forget that a good part of the $71,000 K price you pay for the 450H is the VASTLY superior interior quality . Reliability is no contest here between these two cars ,lexus wins hands down . Styling of the lexus is boring but functional .
B D HEMI

·
Registered
815 Posts
The test was done on an 1/8 mile strip. I'll bet if you let 'em run the full quarter mile, the Lexus will be looking at nothing but taillights.

I'll take the 300 any day- it's a far more stylish ride. The Lexus is boring.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Reliability my foot. You'd need an electrical engineer to do a spark plug change as when you pull the fancy plastic cover off, it's a mess of wiring that makes the wiring on the 05 5.7 look simple. XD

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I wonder if it is because the hemi was new. It seems like these cars take a long break in period to really perform. I also wonder how long the batteries in the Lexus can provide assist under full throttle. How many back-to-back 1/4 mile runs before the batteries are depleted? Anyone for a top speed run with speed limiters off? Also, the hybrid doesn't really get that much better mileage when you consider how much gas $25,000 buys, even at todays prices. And then there is the engine sound. It is just not as much fun without that V8 song.

·
Registered
300 Posts
lexus reliability

I've talked to a machanic that use to work with lexus for several years and worked for nissan and now he works for mitsubishi . I asked about the lexus cars especially their hybrids to work on , and he said that they are no worse to get to the engine than any of the other regular non hybrid cars . He also commented that lexus cars are a very high quality machine and are very durable . He mentioned that nissan was not nearly as reliable (computer glitches) and mitsubishi are excellent for their warranty work .
Now as far as the lexus 450h in 1/4 mile times , several mags posted 13.7 seconds to 13.9 consistantly . I've driven the 450h and when everything is fully charged , the car is faster than a 300c . The acceleration is very quick and pulls you back in the seat , different than typical gasoline engines .
Naturely people are not just buying this type of car for gas mileage , they are paying $25,009 dollars more for refinement , luxury , and the lexus treatment .
There is a world of difference between the 300c and this 450h in terms of quality build , believe you me , no comparison whatsoever ! If I could afford one , I would consider it as a long term ownership type of vehicle .
B D HEMI

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
If I could afford one, I'd buy it, glue one of those prank shark tails on the roof, and go to the beach to scare people with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts