Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone post up the e-mail address and phone number of the actual Chrysler customer service/complaint department? I used to have it but it has been misplaced. I am so sick and tired of dealing with the local dealers (several dealers) crappy service departments. We love our 300C - but I have had it up to here with a$$hole service writers and service managers, and incompetent mechanics who half a$$ fix things. This car has had a loud ticking noise that sounds like bad lifters since shortly after we got it. We have had it checked several times and they say it is normal hemi engine noise. I find it hard to believe that a noise like that in a $39k luxury car is "normal". This among many other issues we have had since we bought it new....
These service writers and managers around here for the most part act like they are God and you are f-ing up their day by bringing your vehicle there and complaining about problems with it. Then if you call them back at the end of the day to find out if it's done - they act like you had no right to call them and ask. Whenever they decide to call you - IF they decide to call you - they won't even talk to my wife (who owns and drives the car) she has to three way call me so they can discuss the car with me. I flat told one of them that she is the one that drives the car and she knows what is wrong with it - talk to her. He refused to talk to her. Tried to tell both of us that we didn't know what we were talking about. Unbelievable. I have done mechanical work for 25 years as a hobby, and took two years of college classes in auto tech. My wife has rebuilt engines before, and knows her way around a car with wrenches and tools as well. We KNOW when something is wrong. I'm tired of getting blown off. There are 6 different dealers within 30 miles of us that have all screwed us over at one time or another. I have even given a couple of them a second chance - only to get hosed again. I am running out of dealers to deal with. All I want is a friendly service writer and manager who will listen and understand what the car problems are, and not roll their eyes and blow either one of us off. One that will call us promptly if they need further info, and that will call back when they promise they will. One with some mechanics that are smart enough to actually FIX the problem, and that take care of the car like it was their own - not put scratches and gouges and their dirty greasy prints all over it. I know I am ranting - sorry - but I am sick and tired of fighting these problems. We are not hard to deal with - just tired of getting the run-around everywhere. If I could get ahold of the main Chrysler customer service people - maybe I could get some help......
Thanks!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Here Ya Go!

RacinFan83,

Hello, This is Brian Carotenuto. The phone number for the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center is 1-800-992-1997. Make sure you have your VIN and approximate mileage handy, they will be asking for both.

Hope this information helps.

Sincerely,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Hate to tell you, but that is a classic characteristic of these engines, it is normal and it's called the "hemi tick". I know you don't want to hear this, but for that "problem" at least, the dealer is telling you the truth.

You don't go into specifics of the other problems you're having so obviously I can't comment on those. As far as the reception your getting and the finger print complaints are concerned, it's clear there is no customer/dealer relationship. Cut your loses and find another dealer. One thing for sure is you can't go in ranting and raving and demanding attention. That gets you nowhere fast.

Bernie

·
Registered
731 Posts
I feel your pain but the truth of it is, there are no competent dealers out there. Every dealer I have ever dealt with, 38 new vehicles, all makes and models are the same. There has never been a time that I picked up my car that the greaseball that was working on it didn't leave there greasy fingerprints, footprints or hat prints on my car, not to mention the invariable scratch even for something as simple as an oil change.
The same is to be said of the intelligence or lack thereof. It is rare that I can take my car in for service and they know what to do, have the parts in stock and get me out the door with the car fixed the first time.

My main dealer up North was voted the best Chrysler dealer overall in the country for two years straight, and you should have seen the incompetence on their part. Things such as the wrong grade oil, or not enough oil, or leaving the splash shield under the car loose only to start dragging on down the highway. I could go on and on.

It's really a dissapointing fact of owning a car. I don't have the solution. I honestly don't think you have a place to turn.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cut your loses and find another dealer. One thing for sure is you can't go in ranting and raving and demanding attention. That gets you nowhere fast.
We don't do that. My wife owns a customer service oriented business, and we know how to deal with people. In fact - we usually don't even "go off" on them even after they have screwed us. The closest dealer to us - I bought a truck from them 13 years ago. Had to take it back to get a driveshaft issue fixed. They made me wait 2 weeks for an appointment - and then after we had made all the necessary pain in the butt arrangements to drop the truck off early am and still get both of us to work - they didn't even LOOK at the truck all day - with an APPOINTMENT! Needless to say, I picked up the truck and never went back. Same dealer - 12 years later. Bought a car there (good deal) for my son. Had a few issues that needed to go to service for - right off the lot. Left the car there - they were to fix the problems that day. Son picked it up the next day (supposedly done). They did NOTHING to the car but write up a receipt for all they were supposed to do. Needless to say I'm NEVER going back there.
Next closest dealer. Had tranny problems in our T&C minivan. They took it out and supposedly rebuilt it. It was still messed up. We were planning a long trip, and needed the vehicle. It was supposed to be done by 5 pm - we went there to pick it up and it was still messing up. They put it up on the rack to work on it, two of them was under it and they almost dropped it off the rack on top of them. Neither one of them had a clue what they were doing. Finally we just told them to give us the thing.
Next dealer. This one is the one who fixed my truck from the first dealer. They were really pretty good the first few years and we thought we had a good relationship. Over the years the area built up and the dealer got busier and their service got worse. The last straw with me was when I had my truck in there for an oil change and I mentioned that the transmission was acting funny. They said that it was caused by old fluid and that it needed to be changed. Spent $120 on that. 4 days later the tranny grenaded. Called them up - they said "ok, if you can get it here we'll take care of it". I limped it there, they rebuilt the tranny. Then they charged me $100 deductible under the powertrain warranty. I asked them why I had to pay ANOTHER $100 when I just paid them for tranny service 4 days earlier - and after they had said "we'll take care of it". They wouldn't budge. I paid the $$ and took the truck. We went back the next day to talk to the actual service MANAGER, he told us he would resolve it and call us the next day. We NEVER got a call back. They lost a good customer that day - we had taken both our vehicles there for EVERYTHING, oil changes and all.
Next dealer - even farther away - the one we bought the 300 from. Not too bad in the beginning - got worse as time progressed. Had the car for 2 weeks trying to figure out why the remote start didn't work. Gave us a p.o.s. Cobalt with no power anything for a rental. They replaced almost every computer in the car - before discovering that nobody had bothered to reprogram the keyfobs after the first computer change....:pat: We've taken our other DC vehicles there as well (we have 3). Their service manager will always promise to call us back on things and never does. Ever. They ordered a part for my son's car, a week after they got it they finally called us telling us they had it. Made a appointment, took the car 26 miles up there, only to find out that the part had to be painted. So - since I was up there I had them do an oil change. They said the part would be painted the next day, and that they would call us. After a week I called them and it still wasnt done. They called 2 days later and said it was done. My son had said the car had a "funny smell", and I hadn't had time to look at it - so I told him to have them look at that too. Turns out their tech had left the oil cap off and the whole engine was covered.......
Had our state inspection done at a local service center. They failed it due to bad tie rods. So we took the 300C to ANOTHER dealer (a new one). The brake pedal spring had been makeing a "popping' sound for a couple weeks (all the time, easy to hear), the remote start only works sometimes, and the tie rods needed replaced. This one is the one that called my wife and told her that the popping sound was "normal" and that the remote start was "fine". When she told him that the noise was not normal - it had just started, and that the remote was NOT fine - he refused to talk with her. Then she called me. I told the guy the same thing she did - and they fixed the spring noise - by spraying half a can of nasty smelling crap up under the dash. Had to air the car out for a week due to the smell. The remote start still doesn't work. There is still a noise in the brakes. ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I could type three more pages of stuff like this - but I'm tired. You get the idea......:smashfrea

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Wow, long story of lots of problems with many dealers. I can see why you're so frustrated now.

About the only thing you can do is call the number Brian gave you. With the new policy Jim Press promised that "we're listening", hopefully you can get some resolution out of it. It's no secret that Chrysler is looking to get rid of dealers with their Project Genesis which has just started. Customer complaints are put into each dealer's file. With enough negative complaints maybe dealers such as this will feel the pressure.

Jeez man, good luck on this.

Bernie

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah - we find it funny? that we don't get survey cards or courtesy phone calls after we've been to a dealer anymore. It's like they know they are screwing us and they don't want us to give them a bad rap...:scared:
I have to get my tranny fluid and transfer case fluid in my truck changed as it is almost out of powertrain warranty. I guess I'm going back to try the one who almost dropped the T&C off the lift 7 years ago.....
Wish Me Luck!!!

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Sorry, but this is kinda funny. Decisions, decisions... now which dealer screwed me the least? Is that what you're thinking?

Bernie

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately............YES! :pat:

The one we bought the car from we have to continue to use because we get free oil changes there. It's the one 26 miles away - but considering the car uses synthetic oil - it's cheaper to go that route, I think. I just have to make sure the oil cap gets put on before I drive home...:yuck:

Like I said, we have owned DC vehicles for 13 years. I could type a whole lot more horror stories just from memory. I didn't even mention any dealers we've dealt with on the St Louis County side of the river....Oh Boy.
I wonder why we even bother with buying DC stuff anymore. Gluttons for punishment I guess. It's ridiculous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts