Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was speaking to my dealer the other day about what Chryslers future plans are with ref to the 300C and other models now they are owned by cerberus capital management, and he was telling me that things are really going to change over next year.

the group has 21 products and he reckoned in a year there would only be 11 or so.

300C - touring probably going
300C - retain in longer term to evolve
Crossfire - going soon
sebring - going, apparently 1200 in uk, no more coming
sebring cabrio - continue in v.small numbers
pt cruiser - going soon
dodge avenger - going
dodge caliber - 2008 upgrade deferred to 2009
dodge nitro - going

he was also talking about bluetec diesel engine technology which will have a very positive effect on diesel engine fuel economy when it comes.

sounds like we deff made the right decision imagine if you had bought a piece of crap like the avenger, you would really be kicking yourself !

elpirata

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
It is in the May issue of the "Top Gear" magazine, Chrysler is looking to build their car in China!!!
Great, another opportunity for China to poison Americans with Lead paint.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
You planning on licking your paint like? :lick:
Um, no. Just bringing up the fact that there are hundreds of product recalls from China for their lead paint content which was made illegal in the states in 1978. Check this link, shocking. What's even more shocking is that China knows it's illegal and they know why it is illegal, but here we are. Hmmm.

Family Watchdog

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
.... the group has 21 products and he reckoned in a year there would only be 11 or so.

300C - touring probably going
300C - retain in longer term to evolve
Crossfire - going soon
sebring - going, apparently 1200 in uk, no more coming
sebring cabrio - continue in v.small numbers
pt cruiser - going soon
dodge avenger - going
dodge caliber - 2008 upgrade deferred to 2009
dodge nitro - going

he was also talking about bluetec diesel engine technology which will have a very positive effect on diesel engine fuel economy when it comes....

elpirata
Based on the recent poll questions to the Customer Advisory Board it seems they are trying to justify the demise of the Hemi and focus on small, uninspiring power plants.

My input was the 2.7L engine should never been offered in the LX models... it takes some minimum amount of power to move a 4100+ Lb vehicle efficiently.

The Crossfire was a great little car, but it should have had a back seat. A two-seat platform is always going to be a niche vehicle. In that regard the Mazda RX8 had the right idea IMO.

The Sebring was good while it lasted, but now they seem to be trying to make it the redesigned Crossfire, but it doesn't have the punch or suspension.

PT Cruiser has run it's course IMO.

The Avenger... why even make a mini-Charger except to appease the higher MPG screamers?

Same Question for the Cabiler in reference to the Magnum. Bring the Magnum back, give it a minimal third seat if you have to and market the thing as the ultimate cross-over!

Nitro... what was the apeal in the first place. Something trying to look like a Honda Element (what an ugly thing that is).

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I think there are probably only two viable vehicles in Chrysler range, the 300C and the Voyager. But the long term outlook for these aren't so rosy, the replacement models need to be better than the current models and don't know if Chrysler has the money and know how to improve. The new Voyager will be on the market here soon, looks all right but needs more oomph for such large vehicle.

Lead in paint?? Sounded very scary but I were brought up with the leaded petrol, leaded house paint and God knows what other chemicals which were "safe" to use in those days. No wonder I can't think straight.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Um, no. Just bringing up the fact that there are hundreds of product recalls from China for their lead paint content which was made illegal in the states in 1978. Check this link, shocking. What's even more shocking is that China knows it's illegal and they know why it is illegal, but here we are. Hmmm.

Family Watchdog

I know, I was just pulling your chain. :joke:

·
Registered
9,851 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
you've been doing that for months:pat:

Just you get that Hemi away from me :twak: lol!

My work called me today to say they'd like me to take a trip to Malta to help sort out some issues on a vessel there. The want me to leave tomorrow and who knows how long I'll end up being away. I was ment to be going into the Dealer on Monday to see and sign for my new car!!! I haven't had to go away for a year and as soon as I decide to buy a new car...

Anyway, Chrysler called me as I dialed their number - spooky - to say the car had just been dropped off by pervious owner. It hadn't been given the dealer treatment yet, but I went to have a look anyway. Test drive and deposit paid! It's got a couple of scuffs on the body and marks on the leather, but will be all cleaned up and fully serviced ready for me to pick up next sat IF I'm home from Malta by then!

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
fantastic.

·
Registered
448 Posts
will be all cleaned up and fully serviced ready for me to pick up next sat IF I'm home from Malta by then!
Congratulations Propus

Be sure to post some pics in the next few weeks so we can see the beast.

Enjoy Malta!

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Congratulations - it has been a long time coming. So what are you going to do for an avatar now?? Enjoy Malta - don't get heatstroke!!!
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
118 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Congratulations - it has been a long time coming. So what are you going to do for an avatar now?? Enjoy Malta - don't get heatstroke!!!
Cheers John
Well I just got back into Aberdeen at 10pm last night. Turned up at the airport on Sunday morning to discover I was no longer going to Malta. Ended up going to Almeria in the south of Spain. It was very hot and very sunny, but after 6 flights and 3 nights in different rooms at the same hotel I'm glad to be home.

Think the avatar will have to change to 'I want a Bentley' or something, lol.

I'd always planned on seriously looking for my CRD in april, so it didn't take that long for the dealer to find what I wanted.

Getting excited now because I pick her up on Sat.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Are you going to store your Micra in the boot of your new 300C?

:cool:

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Are you going to store your Micra in the boot of your new 300C?

:cool:

Stef
I dont know how to spell "spitting drink out of mouth noises":firedevil ,but I just did it.You make me laff Stef

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts