Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car has 9 computers plus numerous additional electrical systems. This bothers me for I know that some dealer will begin charging you about $100 each time your car is hooked up to their diagnostic computer after the 36/7 basic warranty runs out. Also, please note that the basic warranty has a $100 deductible.

So for the first time I have purchased an extended warranty. My dealer's initial offer for a Max Coverage 7/70 warranty was $2295; a bit later, "just for you -- $1595". I found out that the usual price was $1320. This also includes the $100 deductible.

So I began looking about to find a better price.

www.meltonsales.com

a subsidiary of Melton Chrysler in Oklahoma offered a 25% discount or $1020 for the same warranty (with the $100 deductible).

Other places who offer Chrysler warranties but with less savings (still better than my dealer) are:

www.markroberts.com

www.ChryslerWarranty.com

There is a great variety of price and plans, be sure to look for what you need if you decide to buy one. But look around, you can save some money.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before the basic warranty runs out; however, the price is volitile and may change. I chose to buy ASAP for that reason.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fast300C said:
Thanks for the info: I called Melton Sales and they will sell me a warranty even though I live in Ca.
It is a Chrysler Max Extended Warranty from an authorized Chrysler dealer which is accepted anywhere in the CONUS (Continental US). Only difference is the reduced price over most local dealers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bumper to Bumper ?

Mileshoover,

Are you sure the extended warranty is bumper-to-bumper? I checked out the commended websites and found that certain items were excluded. I thought bumper-to-bumper means everything is covered.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
300C4ME said:
Mileshoover,

Are you sure the extended warranty is bumper-to-bumper? I checked out the commended websites and found that certain items were excluded. I thought bumper-to-bumper means everything is covered.
It's as close to "bumper to bumper" as one can get these days. My warranty specifically states that "the only parts and labor not covered are:

Maintenance services and items used in such services

Glass, plastic lenses

Body and paint items, including soft trim

Wear items, such as manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, and belts are not covered at any time

Snow plows, winches, and trailer hitches."

You should note that there is a $100 deductible in the extended Max Coverage Warranty just like there is on the basic warranty which comes with the car.

BTW, eligible vehicles for this warranty are:

"All domestic (DaimlerChrysler, G.M. and Ford) and import vehicles covered by a minimum 3 year/36,000 Mile Basic Warranty are eligible within 48 months from the vehicles in-service date and 48,000 miles."

And then there is a large note containing exclusions for taxi, fleet use, etc.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Great info, I bought an out of state warranty for my Odyssey from a dealer in TN and saved $500. Looks like I'll do the same for the C since my plan is to keep it at least 7years.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If any one is intersted I am a Daimler Chrysler Five star dealer and will give any one on this forum a 35% discount on chrysler service contract on your new 300. This discount applies on 7 year 70,000 miles plans or less. We also offer 7years of oil changes or 28 total oil changes for $250.00 These are good at any Chrysler Dodge or jeep dealer. Call me at 651-730-2862- ask for John Ristow.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How much is a service contract and what does it include?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I Lucked out and the financing lady at our dealership is a friend of ours from church. Not only did she get us money off the car, but when the time comes to buy the Xtended warranty, we can get it for her cost. I don't know what that is, but hopefully it's significant. Finally, going to church did Something for me!

·
Registered
83 Posts
GMLIND,

It varies from contract to contract depending upon how many miles you drive a year to how long you plan on keeping it to what you want covered. Feel free to give me a call and I can discuss you option's.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
LWOOD said:
I Lucked out and the financing lady at our dealership is a friend of ours from church. Not only did she get us money off the car, but when the time comes to buy the Xtended warranty, we can get it for her cost. I don't know what that is, but hopefully it's significant. Finally, going to church did Something for me!
LWOOD and GMLIND --

Please go back to page 1 (this is page 2) and start at the beginning of this thread and read the early msgs. All your questions are answered there. I got 25% off list; the dealer here is stating a 35% off for members of this forum. You'll find that to be a very good price, IMO.

·
Registered
272 Posts
extended warranty for 300c

300c already have 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, a thousand dollars (or more more) for extra 2 years seems very high to me. i declined the extended for my 300c at $1450.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I paid $950 for extended warranty and it makes it a 6 year 60000 miles bumper to bumper besides the 7 years 70000 miles powertrain.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My dealer is offering an extended warranty for about $1,395 that includes free oil changes for the whole 7/70, which kind of sweetens the deal. (It's a $100 ded. warranty.) How's that sound?

1 - 20 of 142 Posts