Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dan Quayle is Chairman of an international division of Cerberus Capital Management, a multi-billion dollar private equity firm.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
yep that guy isn't too bright.

·
Registered
916 Posts
J P Morgan has come out and said that Chrysler will have to file in the year 2009. Where is Lee when you need him. Don't think this Gov't is going to bail them out this time. For those of you that don't know Chrysler has been in this position before....but it doesn't look good.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
woooooooooooow

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
damn kids. lol

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
J P Morgan has come out and said that Chrysler will have to file in the year 2009. Where is Lee when you need him. Don't think this Gov't is going to bail them out this time. For those of you that don't know Chrysler has been in this position before....but it doesn't look good.
Yup, it doesn't look too good for Chrysler or GM. I guess the only real hope for Chrysler is maybe splitting the company up like e.g. selling the Dodge and Jeep brands. There has been rumors about Mahindra in India interested in purchasing the Jeep brand so who knows what will happen in the coming months.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yup, it doesn't look too good for Chrysler or GM. I guess the only real hope for Chrysler is maybe splitting the company up like e.g. selling the Dodge and Jeep brands. There has been rumors about Mahindra in India interested in purchasing the Jeep brand so who knows what will happen in the coming months.
Does this mean they will be selling them at 7-11's, buy one get a life time supply of slurpees....LOL! This is a sad day in automotive history. How in the hell did we get here? America owns nothing, makes nothing, it just consumes and we are in trouble. The Roman Empire did fall. May God have mercy on us.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Well you have gotta to pay somehow for consuming and producing nothing. :) You have to sell something until you have nothing and have to go back to work. Kind of reversible mortgage. Then it is death or start doing something again.

Again it is all economics. For example rising fuel costs make it more expensive to transport things. This lead to about 10% increase in manufacturing of steel in North America and reduction of imports. I guess it is not that big hit for Chinese as their domestic market growth can consume whatever they could not export, but definitely means inflationary pressures here. Economy is a complex thing. We are in process of smoothening out differences in economic wealth between regions.

As for the empires they rise and fall. I think the US has been going wrong way especially in the last 8 years and moving away from its founding principles which made the country successful and admired in the entire world. It is also good to remember that once you give away one of the freedoms and rights yo ur are not likely to see it back. I believe it is wrong to sacrifice these fundamental basics for the sake of handling temporary problems.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Does this mean they will be selling them at 7-11's, buy one get a life time supply of slurpees....LOL! This is a sad day in automotive history. How in the hell did we get here? America owns nothing, makes nothing, it just consumes and we are in trouble. The Roman Empire did fall. May God have mercy on us.
you will get a slurpee collectors cup with your favorite jeep on it. that is all it will be. i have first dibs on the jeep srt8 cup!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
you will get a slurpee collectors cup with your favorite jeep on it. that is all it will be. i have first dibs on the jeep srt8 cup!

Ahahah BRILLIANT!

On to the economic side. We are just in a very good rut right now. Crap happens economies go in cycles. I do hate the fact that the majority of the companies are foreign owned here and we continually outsource to save money and screw the average american. I fortunately work for the military which is good to us for the most part (hopefully we start getting a gas allowance :) ). Not sure whats in the future for us...who knows maybe the end has come.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts