Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading this article, it appears to me the next gen SRT8 is going to have to be in the neighborhood of 550HP. I know these cars are WAY above the price of any Chrysler but that's what brings us in right? No doubt if I could go out and buy some high priced AMG benz I probably would.....

thoughts?

Top 10 Most Powerful Sedans » AutoGuide.com News

:usa:

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I was thinking/hoping the hellcat hemi would be the answer to that coupled with the appropriate transmission. The speculation is the hellcat was to be a 6.2L supercharged monster putting out well over 600+ hp.
That said Another thought I had would be some sharing from fiat's other lines like...oooh say a boosted v8 from the Quattroporte GTS, 530hp is not too bad.

·
Registered
169 Posts
For the money, you can't beat the current SRT8. These car prices are all obscene and only deliver a little better performance. 4.5 seconds is pretty damn fast for $50-60k. I average 18MPG with spirited driving.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
It may not be a race Fiat / Chrysler want's to run. Let the big buck /uber sedans run where they will in the market.

The appearance, power and amenities of the SRT cars has always been more appealing to folks who are in a different market at a different price point. I'm not saying the SRT can't get there (look at the Viper) but they may not want it to play in that market, preferring to sell more cars at a lower price point to a larger number of customers who like the uber sedans but can't afford them.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
SRT CEO Ralph Gilles has hinted the upcoming 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat could pack more power than the Viper.

Allpar is estimating between 640 to 660 for the new 6.2L Supercharged Hellcat engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts