Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9623452/

I don't know why they don't just issue one for the leaking dipstick fill tube seal while they are at it; like they did for the Jeeps. They "could" kill two birds here...

I have never noticed my car "slip" when I have had it in PARK. But I guess others have.

JFF:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Willlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllburrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14 Posts
Is this the 4-speed auto or the 5-speed auto? Doubt it's the latter w/all the other vehicles involved in the recall:

The recall involves some 2005 model year Jeep Liberty, Jeep Wrangler, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum, Dodge Dakota/Mitsubishi Raider pickups and Dodge Durango vehicles equipped with some six-cylinder engines and automatic transmissions.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,239 Posts
300degree said:
Is this the 4-speed auto or the 5-speed auto? Doubt it's the latter w/all the other vehicles involved in the recall:

The recall involves some 2005 model year Jeep Liberty, Jeep Wrangler, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum, Dodge Dakota/Mitsubishi Raider pickups and Dodge Durango vehicles equipped with some six-cylinder engines and automatic transmissions.

i think all the 6 cyl 300's (with the exception of AWD) have the 4 speed auto.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Kevenj,

You are correct, all the V6 300's, Magnum's and Chargers have the 4 speed automatic transmission (42RLE). The "C" and the SRT-8's have the 5 speed autostick (NAG1).

Hope this information helps.

Brian T. Carotenuto
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,066 Posts
JustForFun said:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9623452/

I don't know why they don't just issue one for the leaking dipstick fill tube seal while they are at it; like they did for the Jeeps. They "could" kill two birds here...

I have never noticed my car "slip" when I have had it in PARK. But I guess others have.

JFF:D
Thanks JFF,

This particular information couldn't have come at a better time. :fing02:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
I understand that DCX is putting the 5 spd trans in even the V6 models; if not now then soon, in the '06's
That is what my Road & Track had to say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
I saw several V6 330 Ts and Ls with the 5 speed at my dealer the otheer day. It is listed on the Maroney sticker as Optional equipment, but there is no cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,066 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1 Posts
guess whos back

vvv90 said:
I'm sure Wilber does after all those "Neutreal" drops. :D


im glad to see that im still in your thoughts. you filled my heart w/ joy.. almost more joyful then the first time i put my 300 in neutral rev'd up and knocked it into drive. tires chirping and spinning out and doing crazy ass fishtailing. anyways.. i think i got banned on my other screen name it will not let me post no more. :friday:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,583 Posts
wilberisback said:
i think i got banned on my other screen name it will not let me post no more. :friday:
Wow, this one didn't last long either. New name coming up ? wilberisgone or therehewasgone.

Rambit
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
wilberisback said:
im glad to see that im still in your thoughts. you filled my heart w/ joy.. almost more joyful then the first time i put my 300 in neutral rev'd up and knocked it into drive. tires chirping and spinning out and doing crazy ass fishtailing. anyways.. i think i got banned on my other screen name it will not let me post no more. :friday:









Yay.........aren't we lucky..............Don't you have a tranny to drop?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
What is the link I would like to check for the recall

Mr.DJ said:
Thanks for the link. I entered my VIN, but nothing shows-up as of yet; however, I've got a feeling that DCX hasn't yet had the time to update this info over this long holiday weekend. :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Well I'm glad that the real cars with real motors - hemis - :cool2: weren't affected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Model 57 said:
I understand that DCX is putting the 5 spd trans in even the V6 models; if not now then soon, in the '06's
That is what my Road & Track had to say.
For '06 LXs:

V6's w/RWD use the 42RLE trans (4 sp).

V6's w/AWD use the NAG1 W5A580 (5 sp).

This recall is for the 42RLE I believe.

Hope this helps.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
223 Posts
I entered the last 8 digits of my VIN but nothing comes up. It says something like try again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,066 Posts
Dante said:
Well I'm glad that the real cars with real motors - hemis - :cool2: weren't affected.
Let's hope that's certainly the case with the 'SRT-8' models, since the '300C' has also unfortunately seen their share of transmission-related problems as well. :shhh:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top