Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes: Sorry to say guys but honestly they do :rolleyes:

Here we are 2 months after buying my new car & its already in the shop getting serviced for at least 6 different issues. Chrysler needs to get there $h!t together & build better quailty cars or lower there price. For 30K my car should be driving flawless. I understand the warrenty covers everything & it will get fixed but there shouldnt be problems in the first place. I know cars are cars & there will always be something wrong with them but come on 3K miles is still like brand new. Even wrost they gave me another 300 as a loaner car while mines is in the shop & that one has all type of issues. The funny thing is when i asked the service man was that 300 next to mines with the enterprise sign on it for me he said no that needs to be serviced but when the enterprise guy came he just gave me that one. The car has a very loud noise that when i drive lol people look at me like what thats. It also has the same very bad shake that mines has.

I think this just made me not even wanna trade mines in for a C or SRT. I know lots of yous will say oh the C is a way better car etc but when it comes down to it, its still a Chrysler. Like a Caddy owner told me the other day the car looks nice but i wouldnt buy one due to it being a Chrysler. This is my 3rd Dodge/Chrysler car & it joins the other 2 as being not so great. I used to tell people that i'll never buy a Dodge/Chrysler product again before seeing the 300. To this day when people stop & talk to me about how i like the car etc i tell them it isnt worth the $$$ & honestly isnt that good of a car. Don't get me wrong the outside of the car is hot but thats about it. Overall the car is far behind others for the price. And this is coming from a guy who before buying this car was renting all different types of cars for over 7 months. lol even my wife has told me that my car/all Chrysler's are shitty.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I must ask if you hate the car so much, why all the mods? To me it doesn't make since to sink money into something you dislike so much. I am not trying to be ignorant, but to be truthfull with that post you came across as someone who will never be happy with what they drive. No matter what car maker it is they are going to have their porblems, its just the first year for the car. Look at the off topic post about GM, they are having some issue's. You should lighten up on this, all cars are going to have their problems.

Chrome 18" C Rims w/ContiSeal Tires
Trenz Vertical Billet Grill or Tommyz Deep Dish Grill
Titanium Burl Wood Dash Kit
C Tail Lights
Chrome Foglight & Trunk Strips
Chrom Pillar Post Covers
Two Tone Leather Interior
In Dash & Headrest Tv's w/Xbox & WirelessControllers
Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Sorry to hear about your continued frustrations.

I was on a road test with the service manager from the Chrysler dealership just the other day. He was trying to "feel" the vibration at 55 mph.

I asked him how the 300's were doing and if his techs were having any issues. He said it has been the most trouble free car they've had to-date. I've had mine for 10,000 . miles (I drive it hard) and the most serious problem has been salt corrosion on the rims. DCX replaced all 4 wheels last week - no questions asked.

As to all Chrysler's suck - that's a pretty big claim! Let me just say that over the last 9 years I have licensed 37 DCX products. My fleet running costs are low and my employees love them. My wife has a Grand Cherokee; my sun drives a Dakota V8; my daughter - a Neon; my accountant a Jeep liberty; my employees - Dodge Caravans, etc. etc.

The JD Powers numbers for frequency - of - repair and build quality on Chrysler fall well within industry standards with certain vehicles showing exceptional numbers.

At $30k there are no perfect cars. In fact, as many of us on this board know from experience, there are no perfect cars at $60k or $80k.

Perhaps you just need to find a good service dealership, Ndent. My car needed software upgrades done by well trained technicians to correct issues.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That mod list been in my sig for awhile now.

Another thing. Let me post this now lol as i know lots of people are gonna bash me but if this is the way i feel towards my car/Chrysler thats how i feel. I'm the one paying for it. I know not everybody has these problems with there cars which is a good thing but i'm not taking shots & just 300 owners. I'm taking shots at Chrysler.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
NDENT said:
That mod list been in my sig for awhile now.

Another thing. Let me post this now lol as i know lots of people are gonna bash me but if this is the way i feel towards my car/Chrysler thats how i feel. I'm the one paying for it. I know not everybody has these problems with there cars which is a good thing but i'm not taking shots & just 300 owners. I'm taking shots at Chrysler.
Are you mad at the manufacturer or the dealer?

·
Banned
19 Posts
NDENT said:
:rolleyes: <snip> lol even my wife has told me that my car/all Chrysler's are shitty.
wow... "EVEN YOUR WIFE" told you that your car and all Chryslers are shitty. Now THERE'S an objective opinion. Sorry, that just sounded a little funny. Assuming she's not the editor of a car magazine or a professional track driver, what could she possibly base that on?

Well in your defense, and FWIW, the V6 300's and the V8 300C are completely different beasts, inside and out. I rented a 3.5L V6 Touring 300 once and it was the kind of cheap ride quality and noisy engine I would've assumed it to be given the Chrysler name badge, had I not already owned the C and knew the world of difference. The C's interior accoutrements and smooth, powerful but quiet ride quality versus my experience with the 300 Touring are night and day - even my girlfriend noticed the difference immediately since she drove my C and I drove the 300 touring from the car rental place home, then soon after we switched cars and drove the opposite car for about an hour on our way somewhere. When we got out at our destination she was like "I'm driving YOUR car home!" No, she's no car expert or pro driver, but she definitely noticed a difference too!

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AWD_BLUES said:
SOUNDS LIKE A HATER!
A hater of what lol. People these days i tell you. Somebody cant post something w/o having somebody say dumb stuff. Maybe your one of the lucky problem free 300 owners but sooner or later you will run into sometype of problems & then think about what i'm saying.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i can't really say anything about the C but like i said all in all a Chrysler is a Chrysler. To be honest i see more people post about having problems with there C then i do any other model. Also why is it funny that my wife said Chrysler products suck ? From what we have owned/rented she sure isnt lying lol.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jamesw said:
We know your paying for it, but if its that big of a problem car trade it in.
Trust me if it was that easy i would do it in a heartbeat. I thought that maybe it was just my luck & i got a bad car but after driving this 300 & see the problems it has i think its just the car itself.

But hey we all learn the hard way & when theres a next time i can't let the looks of the car get me.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
NDENT said:
Well i can't really say anything about the C but like i said all in all a Chrysler is a Chrysler. To be honest i see more people post about having problems with there C then i do any other model. Also why is it funny that my wife said Chrysler products suck ? From what we have owned/rented she sure isnt lying lol.
Ndent, in all honesty, I think its safe to say that the vast majority of Chrysler 300C owners that come to this forum are very happy with their cars. Many of us have owned more exotic and / or expensive cars before.

Your personal experience (and your wife's) is obviously different and I respect that. But - I don't buy into your claim that all Chryslers suck. I have run fleets of Fords and GM as well as Chryslers. I ran a Mazda store as well as Fiats, Lancias, & Alfas, in the past.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My dad (he's the car guy, not me) balked at me getting a Chrysler, and yeah they got they're problems, but it's a first run of a new design, so they're gonna have issues. I have the 300 Touring that everyone has such glowing things to say about - elitists - and I love it. I've had the TSB's and I have things that are kind of irritating - sunroof rattles - but I love the car and I have 25,000 miles on it without any major problems. Like the other guys are saying. If you hate it so much, and hate Chrysler so much, trade it in for something else. We all know the C is nicer than the Touring/Limited/Base, so it's no doubt that your girl would like the C better. Duh. Like Northern said, "Chryslers suck" is a pretty sweeping statement, maybe if you said, "I'm having these problems with the car and I'm hopping mad" people would be sympathetic. You need to vent then vent away, but do it in a way that will make people want to be sympathetic.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You can't really say "its a Chrysler" and thats why it the car sucks and is having problems. Mercedes is having major quality issues with there cars of late but you don't hear about it because most people will say it's still a Mercedes. You have to remember one thing, the car is a first year production and because its a first year model you will have problems. I've been lucky enough that I haven't had any major problems with my 300C yet. That been said, I also own a 2003 BMW 330i which has had its share of problems. But people tend to brush of the problems by saying its still a "BMW". I know that the first year the new designed 7 Series came out, it had major problems with the i-drive systems and other problems. Like I said again, when you talk BMW or Mercedes people tend to brush the problems aside and make a judgement based on the car company. I know Chrysler has had issues in the past but I think the overall producat has improved. All cars will have problems, i havent heard of one car that doesn't have problems but I do see where your coming from. Hopefully everything works out for you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
NDENT said:
A hater of what lol. People these days i tell you. Somebody cant post something w/o having somebody say dumb stuff. Maybe your one of the lucky problem free 300 owners but sooner or later you will run into sometype of problems & then think about what i'm saying.
NDENT,

Your coments (or ones just like them) can be found on any car form that a person would like to read on the internet. That's everything from CAD to Lexus and everything in between. So what you have said in not new, its all been said before for more years than I care to count and this is not a flame. But what you have said could have been very easly copied from another form and the names and models changed to meet the different OEM.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well i hope after this little visit to the shop everything will be better with my car. I understand that this is just the cars first year but when you have owned Chrysler cars before & have had similar issue you to would think the way i'm. Like i said i'm not trying to bash everybodys car but i'm upset that my car which is only 2 months old already has to get serviced but not for just one problem but around 8 different things. Even the service person was like damn this car got alot of problems.

·
Registered
169 Posts
NDENT said:
Say let me say this correct. All Chrysler products that i've owned or rented sucks & if i could trade my car in just like that i wouldn't think twice about it.

How that sounds ?
NDENT,

Then why did you buy another??????????????

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I fail in love with the looks of the car. Could you blame me ? Also the hype/buzz. Honestly i thought with all the talk about Chrysler owning M-Benz & puting MB parts in it, it will be alot better then there other products. The only other 300 i drove before i got mines was a base which didnt really have that much power @ all but i didnt really pay it mine since i knew it only had a 2.7L engine & i for sure wasnt buying that model.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You may have just got a lemon. It happens every so often. If you keep having problems you might be able to get a complete refund. There is a lemon law, and there are steps you have to follow in order to qualify the car as a lemon. Look into it. Maybe it's just a state law, I'm not sure. Someone with a good knowledge of Lemon Law background may help you out. Just keep a diary of all the dates and problems that you've had with the car. Cecil......

1 - 20 of 57 Posts