Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I badly need a security code for my Dodge caravan, I got a touch screen radio for my 2015 Dodge Caravan but such at enter security code.
Serial number T00AM1962T5227

Model P05091331AC

Please help 馃槂馃槂馃槂

Thanks

Registered
Need to visit your local CDJR dealer. The radio security codes are available to them through Dealer Connect.

Registered
The APPCAR Diag FCA program will also pull the PIN.

Reactions: devilmaycare

Registered
The APPCAR Diag FCA program will also pull the PIN.
Mary I ask how exactly appcar DiagFCA can pull the code? I have a new radio (from a junked cat) in my dash and the code given to me by the vendor does not work. I have appcar diagFCA but I can鈥檛 seem to find any location in there to view the radio code.

Registered
Mary I ask how exactly appcar DiagFCA can pull the code? I have a new radio (from a junked cat) in my dash and the code given to me by the vendor does not work. I have appcar diagFCA but I can鈥檛 seem to find any location in there to view the radio code.
What a junked cat might look like...
Self-propelled artillery Combat vehicle Vehicle Sky Wheel

But seriously, if there's a way to pull a radio PIN with DiagFCA or AlfaOBD, that would be pretty slick. I've never been able to do it.

Luckily, as I mentioned upthread, you can get it from any CDJR dealer. Just be prepared, show up with the radio, proof of purchase, the VIN of the donor car, etc.

Registered
An update- a dealer needs to use the serial number on the new radio and the VIN from your car (the car it鈥檚 going into) so they can look it up and generate the correct code. They don鈥檛 need to do anything to the radio (Like they don鈥檛 need to program it or plug it in or anything) Apparently the radios have a table of codes and there鈥檚 some part of every VIN that is linked to different codes. You put the right code in and it works. But you don鈥檛 know what the right code is unless you talk to.a CDJR dealer so they can lookup what codes match between the radio serial number and the VIN of the vehicle it鈥檚 going into.
it鈥檚 so odd.
in my case, I ended up buying the entire 8.4 upgrade kit from infotainment.com and they supplied the code for the radio they sent me. (Which they needed my VIN so they could lookup the right code based on the radio serial number)

i would still love to know (if it鈥檚 possible) how to retrieve that table from the radio with AppCar DiagFCA. I have that software and could not see anywhere how access the code table or reset a code.

Registered
An update- a dealer needs to use the serial number on the new radio and the VIN from your car (the car it鈥檚 going into) so they can look it up and generate the correct code. They don鈥檛 need to do anything to the radio (Like they don鈥檛 need to program it or plug it in or anything) Apparently the radios have a table of codes and there鈥檚 some part of every VIN that is linked to different codes. You put the right code in and it works. But you don鈥檛 know what the right code is unless you talk to.a CDJR dealer so they can lookup what codes match between the radio serial number and the VIN of the vehicle it鈥檚 going into.
it鈥檚 so odd.
in my case, I ended up buying the entire 8.4 upgrade kit from infotainment.com and they supplied the code for the radio they sent me. (Which they needed my VIN so they could lookup the right code based on the radio serial number)

i would still love to know (if it鈥檚 possible) how to retrieve that table from the radio with AppCar DiagFCA. I have that software and could not see anywhere how access the code table or reset a code.
I will help with calculating code for the Chrysler radio group. And including AM and QN

1 - 8 of 8 Posts