Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings... I am having issues with my Uconnect system in 2017 Chrysler 300C 5.7 with 54,000 miles on it. I really like the car and its features, the handling and the performance of the 5.7 work well but could use a procharger. I am having issues with the Uconnect head unit flickering radio stations on its own. I also have issues with it playing joining my phone or other phones via bluetooth or USB connection to stream music often. I also have an issue with the rear retracting curtain going up as well without hanging up. I thought this car was a really good buy but these issues are starting to make me wonder. I also tried to schedule an appointment at my local Chrysler dealer and was told they were backed up and could take a look at the vehicle. Can anyone offer advice. Thanks

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Greetings... I am having issues with my Uconnect system in 2017 Chrysler 300C 5.7 with 54,000 miles on it. I really like the car and its features, the handling and the performance of the 5.7 work well but could use a procharger. I am having issues with the Uconnect head unit flickering radio stations on its own. I also have issues with it playing joining my phone or other phones via bluetooth or USB connection to stream music often. I also have an issue with the rear retracting curtain going up as well without hanging up. I thought this car was a really good buy but these issues are starting to make me wonder. I also tried to schedule an appointment at my local Chrysler dealer and was told they were backed up and could take a look at the vehicle. Can anyone offer advice. Thanks
It sounds as though you might possibly have two classic FUconnect problems at once, the bad Bluetooth module and screen. Unless you have some sort of extended warranty coverage, both are very expensive to repair through the dealer, you're probably looking at close to $2,000. You can also replace the Bluetooth module yourself; it's not that difficult and you can pick up a used module from that big auction website to keep the cost down. In terms of the screen, you can pay a stealership $1,200-$1,500 to replace it, or you can pull the radio yourself, which again, isn't a bad job. You can then swap it out with a used or rebuilt radio, send it out for repair, or replace the screen yourself for somewhere around $250 or so. I might be tempted to try a used radio, in case there's another issue going on. Make sure the used unit comes with a warranty, then if that does the trick, you can repair the old one and keep it as a spare.

The retracting sunshade is a very common problem, but I can't help you with that one. My 300 doesn't have it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds as though you might possibly have two classic FUconnect problems at once, the bad Bluetooth module and screen. Unless you have some sort of extended warranty coverage, both are very expensive to repair through the dealer, you're probably looking at close to $2,000. You can also replace the Bluetooth module yourself; it's not that difficult and you can pick up a used module from that big auction website to keep the cost down. In terms of the screen, you can pay a stealership $1,200-$1,500 to replace it, or you can pull the radio yourself, which again, isn't a bad job. You can then swap it out with a used or rebuilt radio, send it out for repair, or replace the screen yourself for somewhere around $250 or so. I might be tempted to try a used radio, in case there's another issue going on. Make sure the used unit comes with a warranty, then if that does the trick, you can repair the old one and keep it as a spare.

The retracting sunshade is a very common problem, but I can't help you with that one. My 300 doesn't have it.
I appreciate the information, I am starting to worry about what else might go wrong.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I appreciate the information, I am starting to worry about what else might go wrong.
In the words of Pulitzer Prize-winning author Mary Schmich, "Don't worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4 p.m. on some idle Tuesday."

·
Administrator
14,585 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts