Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this question on the general discussion forum and no one answered so I guess I'll give it a try here! I am looking to buy an aftermarket grille for my car. Needless to say, there are several brands and styles to choose from. Most look best with the Chrysler Winged Emblem on them. Some say you can use the emblem from your original grille and re-attach it with new 3M tape. Does the original come off the grille easily? I see many places sell them for $39 and up. Is it the same original equipment emblem? Does any other Chrysler winged emblem fit? (PT Cruiser, Sebring, Town and Country, 300M ) Just doing some research before I decide which one to buy, and should I order the emblem at the same time! Thanks for any expertise!

·
Registered
175 Posts
mojoman said:
I posted this question on the general discussion forum and no one answered so I guess I'll give it a try here! I am looking to buy an aftermarket grille for my car. Needless to say, there are several brands and styles to choose from. Most look best with the Chrysler Winged Emblem on them. Some say you can use the emblem from your original grille and re-attach it with new 3M tape. Does the original come off the grille easily? I see many places sell them for $39 and up. Is it the same original equipment emblem? Does any other Chrysler winged emblem fit? (PT Cruiser, Sebring, Town and Country, 300M ) Just doing some research before I decide which one to buy, and should I order the emblem at the same time! Thanks for any expertise!
Many of us have purchased the 300 rear trunk emblem. This one fits on the aftermarket grille nicely. The Sebring emblem is smaller and wouldn't look right on such a large grille.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a T-Rex grill, haven't put it on yet, but was told that the rear 300 emblem fit the grill. I ordered it and it does match, not too small and not too big. This is the emblem for the current Chrysler 300's (2005-on). Will see how good a match it is after the grill is on.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
mojoman said:
Via visual observation, with corroboration from my Chrysler dealer's parts manager, the front 'OEM' grill medallion only consists of the oval shaped (gold colored) insert and nothing more. The actual winged portion of the grill is actually an integral (molded-in) part of the grill itself. l was told that the self-adhesive winged emblem is available from Chrysler under a separate part number, and I believe it comes from the Chrysler Sebring. I'll find out exactly which one next week (I'll post the exact part number) after my Chrysler dealer installs my E&G custom grill with the Chrysler winged emblem :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
Via visual observation, with corroboration from my Chrysler dealer's parts manager, the front 'OEM' grill medallion only consists of the oval shaped (gold colored) insert and nothing more. The actual winged portion of the grill is actually an integral (molded-in) part of the grill itself. l was told that the self-adhesive winged emblem is available from Chrysler under a separate part number, and I believe it comes from the Chrysler Sebring. I'll find out exactly which one next week (I'll post the exact part number) after my Chrysler dealer installs my custom grill with the Chrysler winged emblem :cool:
Mopar part #04805065AB includes the wings with the factory emblem. Cost depends on the dealer's parts department. Shop around for the best deal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mopar Part Number

Thanks for the information. I just called the dealer regarding part number 04805065AB. He gave me a price of $63.00. employee discount would be $46.95. WOW! So those people that are posting a price of $39.00 are really giving a pretty good deal after all. I didn't realize that some of the grilles just require the small medallion, and not the whole winged emblem.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
So, if you just need the gold oval emblem only do you buy the rear wing and just pry out the gold oval emblem? What car does part # 04805065AB come from? Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That part number is for the winged emblem that is used on the decklid of our 300's! It's got two small plastic pegs on it that you have to remove before you apply it to your new custom grille.... :)

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
mojoman said:
I see you received an answer to your question. Hopefully when you decide to order your billet grille, you'll check out my web site on your forum. Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts