Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently my cigarette lighter does not work anymore, i check my manual for which fuse it was and there was no fuse in that spot but the lighter did work couple weeks ago, and it seems like my whole fuse box is mixed up, nothing is where it should be. any help would be appreciated

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Here's the list of fuses and their locations. You should be looking for fuse #18 (20 amp yellow) in the Rear Power Distribution Center. It's marked as "Selectable Power Outlet" in the manual.

Bernie

Attachments

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
do you use the lighter regularly,if so you could have burnt the element out,I see it regularly at my shop.Its because you actually touch your cigarette onto the element and you really shouldnt,it will light purely off the heat off the element

·
Registered
491 Posts
Someone is telling you to give up smoking!!!!

Reactions: NoeMireles

·
Registered
246 Posts
my cigarette lighter is actually stuck.. i cant pull it out anymore..
i think i got the wrong one because i lost mine so they gave me a new one out of an 08 srt design at the dealership (i drive an 05 C).

·
Banned
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fixed, i checked my fuse box again, and the guy who installed my subwoofer put the rem wire into the fuse for the lighter so i moved it and it works now thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I switched out the fuse #18 with a new one and the lighter still doesn't supply power to my phone charger. Any other things that could cause this? Thanks for your help fellas.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I switched out the fuse #18 with a new one and the lighter still doesn't supply power to my phone charger. Any other things that could cause this? Thanks for your help fellas.
You should use the power in-put, in the center console for any thing that you want to power. It looks just like the lighter input with a cap on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Now the cigerette lighter will give power but only when the key is in the on position. Is this the norm since my cigerette power source never worked I am not sure.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Now the cigerette lighter will give power but only when the key is in the on position. Is this the norm since my cigerette power source never worked I am not sure.
I believe this is normal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I believe this is normal.
Thanks Bailman for the confirmation. I also read on other threads that it is because the power source in the console is directly wired to the car's battery therefore provides power continously regardless if the car is on or not. However the ashtray power source is on a different circuit so when the key is not in the "on" position no power goes to that outlet.

·
Registered
166 Posts
In my center console, the auxiliary 12v plug (Inside the console, not the one inside the ashtray) is not working. Can anyone tell me where this fuse is located as I have no other electrical issues at this time. Thanks so much!

The cigarette lighter works just fine in the ashtray but the one I use to charge my cell phone is no longer working.

Just looking for the fuse location!

Thanks so much guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Neither power outlet working - both fuses good

My problem is both outlets are not working but both fuses are good. I checked them with a volt meter on both sides.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here's the list of fuses and their locations. You should be looking for fuse #18 (20 amp yellow) in the Rear Power Distribution Center. It's marked as "Selectable Power Outlet" in the manual.

Bernie
Thanks also Bernie, my Cig lighter has been out for months now, been meaning to fix that. Thanks for the attachment and I will scoop out what fuses have been at fault.

I'm not really a smoker... I just can't stand it when even a small thing is wrong with my car.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
here's something strange. My cig lighter stoppped working a while ago. Jet now my power supply works either. Fuses are good. checked the wiring. seems ok. any ideas? -05 300c v6

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
here's something strange. My cig lighter stoppped working a while ago. Jet now my power supply works either. Fuses are good. checked the wiring. seems ok. any ideas? -05 300c v6
fuse # 18 has two positions ign. controlled and always hot see what position its in also check cavity #30 relay at the (RPDC)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Both of my car/ cig slots stopped working when I last had a charger plugged in I took it out and the whole bottom of the charger fell out .. since then the both of the slots don’t work and I am not sure what fuses to check xx I know the numbers just not the exact fuse .. help ! Please

1 - 17 of 17 Posts