Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2016 300s from a dealer in Virginia but they had it shipped from Michigan. It has a left over cigarette smell from previous owner.
I have cleaned the carpets.
Wiped the leather down.
Cleaned headliner
Cleaned back deck by rear window
and put in air fresheners.

There is still some left over smoke smell.. Any hints / tips / tricks to getting out the last of it?

·
Registered
332 Posts
got myself a 2006 about 5 years ago and had the same problem, sold it 2 years ago not because the smell just updated and tried to get the smell out well NO WAY. I was told once the cigarette small gets into leather it's very very hard to get it out but will go with time a long time. I can tell you I spent good money for nothing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can get it out BUT you need to ask the big dealers who they use for detailing there cars.

I found this out from a m8 who worked for a dealer as they face the same issue.

I took a used car that was owned by a 40 a day smoker to the detailer and he used some smoke type chemical ( Could of been a Ozone Generator but i'm not sure) that penetrated in to all the interior and then used a spray called Glen 20 ( aussie product but i think you have one called Lysol ) applying it from the outside intake vents in to the car ( Like this guy in the link below.

Left an unusual smell ( better than the smoke smell ) but killed the smoke odour and after a couple of weeks the new smell went away..

The detailer left the windows fully closed when he applied the disinfectant ( unlike the video guy ) and then after the process left the windows down to air out the car.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can get it out BUT you need to ask the big dealers who they use for detailing there cars.

I found this out from a m8 who worked for a dealer as they face the same issue.

I took a used car that was owned by a 40 a day smoker to the detailer and he used some smoke type chemical ( Could of been a Ozone Generator but i'm not sure) that penetrated in to all the interior and then used a spray called Glen 20 ( aussie product but i think you have one called Lysol ) applying it from the outside intake vents in to the car ( Like this guy in the link below.

Left an unusual smell ( better than the smoke smell ) but killed the smoke odour and after a couple of weeks the new smell went away..

The detailer left the windows fully closed when he applied the disinfectant ( unlike the video guy ) and then after the process left the windows down to air out the car.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi bit late with a answer as a newbie Jasmine flower heads, pick the flower heads at night ,that is when they emit their perfume then sprinkle around the interior ,they do dry so went you to clean your car you can hoover them up,another way you may not like get a piece of cardboard off of some packaging and light it so it gives off smoke ,place it in a metal non flammable container and for some reason it takes away odours , we used it to deodourise truck fridge trailers that had the smell of the previous meat load if picking up a dry load.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,506 Posts
1. Clean every surface (including the headlining) in the car, spray floor mats and similar removable with a garden hose (including the boot mat/carpet). Obviously dry before replacing
2. Use a leather cream treatment on the seats
3. Replace the cabin air filter (as above)
4. Use one of those cleaning sprays (Febreeze if you can't get anything else)
5. If you make fresh coffee keep the grinds, put them in a tub and place that in the car (make sure it's secured so it doesn't tip over when you drive)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts