Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a 5.7 hemi with a CIS Turbo on the dyno today and will be running another turbo 5.7 tomorrow. Here is a video, dont ask for dyno numbers as we are not done, but I will say that we hit 400rwtq at 3600rpm with 4.5 lbs of boost and at 4250rpm there was a 115rwtq gain and 94rwhp gain. Again this is at 4.5 lbs of boost. Check out the video.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ok ya got me! When can I hope to get one and how much?

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok ya got me! When can I hope to get one and how much?

Cost is $6195 for the 5.7 and $5895 for any 5.7 pre-orders. The kit comes with the following.

-Single T3/T4 turbocharger.
-40mm – 50mm external wastegate (as applicable).
-RFL type BOV.
-All mandrel bent 304 SS tubing (both hot and cold side).
-Enclosed Air intake system (not just a filter with a sock on it)(Patent Pending).
-Complete exhaust system from the factory cats back to the polished SS exhaust tips (factory cats retained).
-Bosch thread, wide band O2 sensor bung and plug installed.
-Stainless Steel “T-Bar” clamps (no cheap worm clamps to leak).
-3 or 4 ply (as appropriate) 100% silicone connectors.
-8 new larger injectors (no add on injectors here).
-Diablosport Tuning

-Snow Performance Stage 2 Programable Water/Methanol injection system.
-Industry leading heat shielding materials in appropriate areas.
-16 new NGK spark plugs.
-User mounted 30 in hg to 15 psi vacuum/boost gauge.
100% complete installation hardware, oil system components, wiring, brackets, etc, no welding or cutting required for installation.

The last time at the track the CIS 300c with Turbo ran [email protected]
thats was with 20" wheels/tires, full interior, spare tire, powered sub, 3/4 tank of fuel. This was not a lightweight stripped vehicle on Drag radials, this is a bone stock 5.7L with stock headers/cats with 29,000 miles on the Turbo system.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
When is the system available for purchase? I'd preorder but I don't just have that kind of free scratch at the moment. It'd take another loan at this point if I were to get it now, but I might be able purchase one late summer-mid fall.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Sweet, I'll start saving.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Bone stock 300c 5.7.
CIS 5.7 Turbo System
6.5lbs of boost
Full operating temp
Air Filter in place
First run is against a bone stock 5.7
Second run is against a bone stock 6.1

Gains over a stock 5.7
RPM: 3500 100rwhp/150rwtq
RPM: 4000 155rwhp/220rwtq
RPM: 4500 135rwhp/160rwtq
RPM: 5000 125rwhp/130rwtq
RPM: 5500 130rwhp/130rwtq

Gains over a stock 6.1 (Turbo 5.7 vs stock SRT8)
RPM: 3500 82rwhp/122rwtq
RPM: 4000 130rwhp/170rwtq
RPM: 4500 118rwhp/136rwtq
RPM: 5000 85rwhp/85rwtq
RPM: 5500 50rwhp/50rwtq

·
Registered
118 Posts
4-6 weeks we will begin shipping.
What do you think might be keeping the HP curve flat from ~4,250 on up? Do you think this is simply a function of the stock camshaft profile? My first guess was injectors, but you noted the system comes with new (and I am assuming higher flow rate) injectors. The other thing that came to mind was possible transmission slip - that perhaps we are seeing the limits of the stock tranny/converter. Thoughts?

Anyway, the kit seems to be an awesome kit, and the price is friggin' right. I predict in the near future, a whole group of traction limited 5.7s hitting the roads.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I know what it feels like to want.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you think might be keeping the HP curve flat from ~4,250 on up? Do you think this is simply a function of the stock camshaft profile? My first guess was injectors, but you noted the system comes with new (and I am assuming higher flow rate) injectors. The other thing that came to mind was possible transmission slip - that perhaps we are seeing the limits of the stock tranny/converter. Thoughts?

Anyway, the kit seems to be an awesome kit, and the price is friggin' right. I predict in the near future, a whole group of traction limited 5.7s hitting the roads.

The stock dyno pull was almost as flat in that same area, so going off of that, I would say it probably has to do with the stock cam, restricive factory manifolds/cats and the boost starts at 6.5 and ends at 6.1, so boost is dropping some towards the end. Put a set of JBA shorties and high flow cats on this and it will probably help allot. Then you can change the cam and heads and you might see 450-475rwhp on a stock block with 6.5psi.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The stock dyno pull was almost as flat in that same area, so going off of that, I would say it probably has to do with the stock cam, restricive factory manifolds/cats and the boost starts at 6.5 and ends at 6.1, so boost is dropping some towards the end. Put a set of JBA shorties and high flow cats on this and it will probably help allot. Then you can change the cam and heads and you might see 450-475rwhp on a stock block with 6.5psi.
...which brings me back to my older question of whether long tubes with high flow cats will not only work(fitment), but will they improve performance.

Knowing that boost dropped, makes more sense than the cam - as the stock cam still climbs, although slow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Killer numbers!! At that power level, are you comfortable with the rest of the drivetrain surviving? Assuming of course one doesnt slap drag radials on and start doing 300 RPM launches.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I also would like to knowif you think the transmission will be able to handell all that power?? Thats great #'s out of the engine but i dont see how the transmission will be able to handell it. I am no expert but i think its asking to much at out the stock tranny id love to hear your input though

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the 5.7 has the same tranny as the 6.1 and none of them have broke a tranny yet and there are guys making 600+hp and 600+tq without any issues to date. I dont think there will be any issues with the drivetrain. we have 29,000 miles on this turbo and it hasnt had any drivetrain issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts

The last time at the track the CIS 300c with Turbo ran [email protected]
thats was with 20" wheels/tires, full interior, spare tire, powered sub, 3/4 tank of fuel. This was not a lightweight stripped vehicle on Drag radials, this is a bone stock 5.7L with stock headers/cats with 29,000 miles on the Turbo system.

Just wondering if this is a typo? How does a turbo work on stock headers without an exhaust manifold?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just wondering if this is a typo? How does a turbo work on stock headers without an exhaust manifold?
It is meant as stock exhaust manifolds, so yes I guess a typo in a sense.

All results were with the factory cast manifolds. JBA shorties may help flow some, but have not been tried although they will fit. Long tubes would require some additonal tube work as the standard configuration will likely not work with them.

Mr MoPar

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. So I Guess the turbo will bolt between the manifold and the cat and no turbo manifold is required?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. So I Guess the turbo will bolt between the manifold and the cat and no turbo manifold is required?
It mounts downstream of the cats.

Mr MoPar

1 - 20 of 31 Posts