Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to make my 2005 Chrysler 300c sound like a classic muscle car.. with a nice deep rumble.

Can anyone provide a specific model number or even better, a link? I would like to buy this.

I am not interested in a cold air intake or a complete exhaust system.. just the performance muffler if possible.

Res delete seems like it has too much drone.

Thanks.

P.S. if you have an example on your car, I would LOVE to hear asound clip :)

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Lots of choices out there for this. You are correct that a resonator delete will cause quite a bit of drone. Changing out the stock muffler is a good idea.

As far as brand...well, you have to pick that as what I like may not sound good to you. There are a lot of clips out there to listen to on the manufacturer's websites and on this site as well.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I, too wanted that rumble. I was willing to put up with drone and am happy with my decision. The drone happens to me on speeds around 35mph...I am not there THAT often! I went with the resonator delete and installed a set of Magnaflows and it sounds BAD AZZ...

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Nothing sounds more classic muscle than a set of Flowmaster 40's....but as said its all personal preference and youtube is a great tool to find what you like!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Or you can just do what i did install the Jegs Cat back, very easy to install all you need is a few hand tools and some drive on ramp. I know you said you didnt want to spend alot but 400 bucks is not to bad. And the sound is just what you are looking for trust me. Here is my car with Jegs only a few day old and it keeps getting better with time.

SRT8 with JEGS - YouTube

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Sounds like you are in the market for a set of Flowmaster 10's (LOUD!!!)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I cut off my resonators and threw on the blastin bobs 7db delete kit. I love the sound. With very little drone if any. Sounds throaty starting up, quiet at cruise speeds, and somewhat throaty at WOT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts