Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read alot of forums on here describing the detailing with cars (wash, claybar, wax, etc). My concern is I washed and clay bared my car about 2-3 weeks ago. I've washed it a couple of times in between but I have not waxed it yet. Would I be okay to wax my car now, or do I have to clay bar my car again and then wax it?

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
I would claybar it again... it's amazing the contaminants you well pick up in a few weeks, shame to seal them in with wax! I know it sucks but may as well do it properly while you're spending the time.

Reactions: Jimbo87

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I would claybar it again... it's amazing the contaminants you well pick up in a few weeks, shame to seal them in with wax! I know it sucks but may as well do it properly while you're spending the time.

Totally agree. It would be a wast of wax in my opinion. You always get a better shine when you have claybar a car and then you see the shine in with the wax.

Reactions: Jimbo87

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I too agree...

It would really be a shame not to spend the short time needed to claybar, and have a super finish to start with. The final wax job would be spectacular..Just My Opinion..

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
I talked to a local paint and body man about removing the orange peel from my car. It's all over, from top to bottom and front to rear. He said if I wanted a showroom finish it would cost me $6500 because the paint and clear are laid on so thin. He removes all the brightwork and lights and strips the car down to bare metal.

I saw the cars framed on his walls and he does top shelf work. Should I go with him or is there a cheaper way to remove the orange peel?

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
To me if you're going to strip the car to bare metal anyway why not try having someone wet sand it anyway? The clear on my car is not 'thin' that's for sure, when they redid my bumper they commented on the opposite. May as well try it first and if it burns through then you are no further behind, just have him keep sanding and then repaint... my advice though, find somewhere else for a second opinion, seems steep good job or not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You were totally right! There was a lot of crap I picked up with the clay bar. Thanks again silver06hemic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts