1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Looking mighty fine! What sealant did you use?

Bernie

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking mighty fine! What sealant did you use?

Bernie
Thanks Rambit.....I still have some stuff left from Gary at Perfect Auto Finish....I love it. Next go around I'll probably use Adam's. How do you like it?

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Thanks Rambit.....I still have some stuff left from Gary at Perfect Auto Finish....I love it. Next go around I'll probably use Adam's. How do you like it?
Yeah, I still have some of Gary's sealant around, but I thought I'd give the Adams Polishes product line a go. I was at first leary about going back to waxes because of all the work required to remove it. I was amazed how good it really is. Instead of the one panel at a time you used to have to do with wax, you do the whole car just like you would with sealant and it comes off every bit as easily. I gotta say I'm, impressed and I'll be ordering again. Matter of fact I'm going to order some bulk supplies.

Bernie

·
Registered
311 Posts
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn So Fresh So Clean...very Nice Done Jim...call Me Next Time To Take Some Pics Together....peace

·
Registered
118 Posts
guys, let me in on this sealant and claying deal, are you talking about blue clay rubbing compound? if not then let me know as i have been trying to get my shine up to par

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
guys, let me in on this sealant and claying deal, are you talking about blue clay rubbing compound? if not then let me know as i have been trying to get my shine up to par
Have a look in the Adams Polishes forum here - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/adams-premium-car-care-products/. Both Justin and Jason are keen to answer any questions you may have. Just start a thread in that forum and they'll be sure to answer. They're very well known in many car circles and I highly recommend their products.

EDIT: I guess I should better answer your question about what claying does. All it really does is remove surface contaminates from the paint. The shine comes from using polish then either wax or sealant.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Clay is not a rubbing compound...its actual clay (kind of forms like silly putty). It removes a lot of the contaminants on your finish that a normal wash will not do.

Sealant is exactly that. It seals in the finish. I like the sealant as it seems to last longer over wax. I seal my car every 6 months or so...good luck.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn So Fresh So Clean...very Nice Done Jim...call Me Next Time To Take Some Pics Together....peace
Thanks Marcial.....I am going to miss out on the BMC outting this Saturday but we'll HOOK UP soon after for a photo shoot!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks Marcial.....I am going to miss out on the BMC outting this Saturday but we'll HOOK UP soon after for a photo shoot!
OK BROTHER DON'T WORRY... I WILL TAKE ALOT OF PICS AND I WILL SEND IT TO YOU

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I did the same thing to our Heritage Edition on Saturday. I just haven't taken any pictures of it yet. I am using Gary's stuff, and I'm ordering more supplies (in gallon form) from Kevin the new owner.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A job well done, goherd! Shimmering, dazzling, and brilliant. Your effort paid off well.

bruno
Thanks Bruno..yeah it was an all day affair, but like you said well worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts