Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my windows tinted and they cut around the 3rd brake light. However, some of the tinting installation solution dripped down and left tracks on the inside of the window in front of the 3rd brake light (so they're visible from the outside). My question is...how can I clean the interior glass in this area? How do I get in between the rear center brake light and the glass?

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Might be able to use a thin cloth with a sawing motion to get between there, otherwise you're gonna have to remove the rear deck cover and brakelight to get to it. Takes about 10 minutes the second time you do it, 30 the first... if you want to go that route, I'll look for the link after the movie I am watching... maybe someone else can do it in the meantime????

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Random thought, I'm thinking of getting a red LED strip, sticking it in the headliner, and putting in the shelf cover from the 08 :)

Then I get a clean view AND no bump in the middle. Win!

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Yep, those'll do. I think I owe my knowledge to Tracy (Notyet) way back in the chat days... then I found those and linked them... once you understand the function of the clip on the bolsters, takes only minutes to do.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just took a clean rag that was semi thick and sprayed some glass cleaner on it. Took the rag and forced/wedged it between the light and the glass and moved it side to side till the marks where gone. I used Invisble Glass BTW.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for he suggestions fellas...I'll probably go the way of wedging the cloth in there and using a sawing motion. Seems like it should work.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Thanks for he suggestions fellas...I'll probably go the way of wedging the cloth in there and using a sawing motion. Seems like it should work.
Yes, that suggestion will work well. However, if it were me, I would take the car back and have the tint company re-do the rear window to cover the light. It would have been easier for them to simply remove the deck (as linked) and do a much cleaner install. Since they chose not to do that, the least thing they could have done was clean up their mess.

Hope it all looks great by now!
bruno

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
They went around mine too, but didn't make a mess. I agree they should be looking after this.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Was that how you wanted it done?
To tell you the truth I didn't give it any consideration. They did a great job though. If I ever decide to go with a ceramic tint on the back I'll have them remove it though. At the time I didn't know about the AM reception problem cuz I never listen to it anyway.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
If you don't have dark tint, it wouldn't be that noticeable to not cut around it..

But I recommend for folks in the future to just take out the rear deck and remove the brakelight before you go to the tint shop.... looks much Better IMO.

·
Registered
526 Posts
i baught a HEMI sticker off ebay for the 3rd brake light i never thaught i be so damn hard to get to im not tryna break anythign so ill have to get someone that knows what they r doing just to put a sticker over the light so when it brakes it says hemi waste of 3 dollars

1 - 13 of 13 Posts