Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planning on cleaning my throttle body today and i'm wondering if there's anything else i should do at the same time....

·
Registered
647 Posts
Clean/replace the PCV valve. If the plugs are past 40K, it may be time for them. Change/clean the cabin air filter and engine air filter.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
plugs are definitely due for a change, but it was ice cold out today, so i just did the throttle body and called it a day. i'll do the filters and pcv valve when i do the plugs. maybe next weekend...

pretty sure throttle body had never been done before (i've had the car about 4 months now i think)...it was horrible...

before:

after

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow that was dirty compared to the after pic. How many miles are on your car? What's involved with pulling the TB off for cleaning? How often should they be cleaned?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
over 100k miles on mine, so i don't think it gets much dirtier than that lol you pretty much just take off the air intake tube and the 2 sensors attached, then take off the four 8mm bolts and it comes right off...takes no time. i used a throttle body cleaner to get the crap off of it. make sure you pick a good place to clean it cuz it'll make one hell of a mess lol

found a vid....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what does the sea foam do?

·
Registered
30 Posts
good work Danny...so now we got to hook up for some Timmy's coffee so you can at least supervised me and take pictures while me doing it lol

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anytime man it was fast...messy as hell, but fast! gotta do my plugs and pcv valve too, so we can get to it whenever you're free on a weekend.

·
Registered
647 Posts
A full Sea Foam treatment can help idle and throttle response. Just an intake dose and some in the gas can provide some small improvement.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice i'll give that a shot. thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
The question that I have is what are the performance gains with the different throttle body sizes and are there any negatives or this that could / might happen.

05-12 Dodge Hemi 5.7L/6.1L 85mm Throttle Body

05-12 Dodge Hemi 5.7L/6.1L 90mm Throttle Body

Plus will this void any warranty on the engine?

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
The question that I have is what are the performance gains with the different throttle body sizes and are there any negatives or this that could / might happen.

05-12 Dodge Hemi 5.7L/6.1L 85mm Throttle Body

05-12 Dodge Hemi 5.7L/6.1L 90mm Throttle Body

Plus will this void any warranty on the engine?
You won't need an upgrade till you do cam/heads/stroker.. and will not void warrenty unless they can prove that it was the cause of your engine failure,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts