Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys cleaning the inside of the rear window? I'd hate to break the wires when cleaning or drying/polishing.

The defroster strips appear to be very raised & quite fragile. I have never hesitated to clean the rear window on previous vehicles....I don't know if A) the strips were embedded in the glass or, maybe, had a clear strip covering each wire or B) maybe they were the same and I just didn't notice.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Here is a glass cleaning tip
using a 32oz spray bottle
put in 2-3 oz of DeNatured Alcohol and fill with distilled water. Best glass cleaner for the money you will find. Use a MF towel to remove and buff out.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turbomangt said:
Here is a glass cleaning tip
Thanks, I'll give that a try; but, getting back to the root of my initial posting, does one have to worry about damaging the defroster strips during cleaning?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
frank29 said:
Thanks, I'll give that a try; but, getting back to the root of my initial posting, does one have to worry about damaging the defroster strips during cleaning?
In the numerous cars I have had with them, it has never been a problem.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
frank29 said:
Like JJS I have never had a problem but if you are a butcher you can damage them. I use MF towels and water only with spectacular results. There is a thread on this with lots of info started last summer.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
300cWannaB said:
:confused: where do i find that stuff?
I use Methyl Hydrate (alcohol). It is inexpensive and available in most hardware - DIY stores. Great degreaser for smooth surfaces. Don't use it on your paint finish unless you want to strip all wax / paint sealant off.

·
Registered
563 Posts
My windows are tinted and the tint film adds a layer of protection on the rear glass. I use Stoner glass cleaner and micro fiber cloths. The car wash I go to when I'm busy or when it's too cold uses Stoner and regular cotton towel glass wipes. Both ways seem to work fine. I find the micro fiber cloths do a better job when I'm cleaning the glass (less work, faster)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts