Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All- Ever have a problem with getting the streaks off your windows when cleaning them? When I bought my '94 New Yorker (LHS), I couldn't get the windows perfectly clean. I used the same window cleaner (Windex) and the same paper towels. No matter how I tried, I couldn't get out all the streaks. I even called Chrysler about it, but the only advice they gave was to use Windex. I came to the conclusion that it must have been the make-up of the glass. In other words, some new type of glass in these things. My other cars never gave me a problem.

Anyway, last year I was on a message board (not car related) where someone was talking about cleaning windows. As you can imagine I was all eyes. This person was describing this way to clean windows WITHOUT using soap, and just using water and a product called Miracle Cloths. I thought why not try them. I can't get anything else to work.

So I purchased three of them off the Solutions Catalog website. When they got here, I read the instructions, then proceed out to my "streaky" auto.

What happen next even amazed me. I started at the passenger window just to give them a try. The window turned out perfectly clean and NO streaks. I did all the windows inside and out in less then 15 minutes. All of them came out streak-free and clean. My windshield was so clean that is was like driving without one. And when these cloths get dirty, just throw them in the washing machine and reuse them.

So, that's my little car tip today. Maybe some of you already know about these things. If you do, then you know what I'm talking about.

Let the flaming begin. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jjs- That is a similar product but they just don't work as well as the Miracle Cloths. People on this message board tried those and ones from Costco and ones from Walmart. They just didn't measure up to the ones from Solutions.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
ChuckG said:
jjs- That is a similar product but they just don't work as well as the Miracle Cloths. People on this message board tried those and ones from Costco and ones from Walmart. They just didn't measure up to the ones from Solutions.

Ah, thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Windows

Chuck G,

Thanks, I just ordered the Miracle Cloth (pkg of 3).
FYI Price is $9.50 + $4.95(S/H)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Angi & kings- You made a wise decision. Just a couple of tips:

1) Make sure you read the instructions before using the cloths.

2) Clean them in your washing machine with laundry soap, by themselves, at the lowest water level and NO bleach. Do not throw them in the dryer. What I do is hang them on a plastic hanger to dry. They don't take long to dry.

3) I also mark mine on the label. I have six of them and some are for windows or dusting or whatever. They are also great for keeping the dust off your dash and cleaning the steering wheel. You won't believe what a nice clean steering wheel feels like.

4) Make sure you use them on your windows in your home. They're wonderful.

We haven't bought any Windex in over a year now. My wife was so impressed with these things that she gave them as gifts to her girlfriends for Christmas.

I certainly hope you like them. I know I'm asking for it when I ask this but make sure you post your results.

All I know is my windows are REALLY clean with no streaks and it took a lot less effort to get them that way.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Also make sure you don't use a fabric softener with microfiber. It will fill in the pores that normally grab the dirt and dust and it won't clean anymore. Try to use as mild of a detergent as possible. Be careful there as some detergents have bleach and softener added to them. Microfiber is great for detailing cars too. I bought some to detail my car once it gets here next week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try the newspaper and glass cleaner suggested above. It works much better than p. towels, and is cheap and readily available. I've been using it on windows of all kinds for years. You just need to be able to see any spots you missed, and they will turn out great. ;)

Kell

·
Registered
230 Posts
Another good tip I read is when cleaning the windows, Go left to right on the inside, and up and down on the outside. That way if there is a streak, you'll know if it's on the inside or outside.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
ChuckG, you da man, my microfiber cloths from solutions arrived today and the glass results are spectacular. They are so optically pure it almost looks as if there is no windshield and I am only slightly exaggerating. I was satisfied with 409 glass cleaner but it vexed me that I could always see faint well water spots. Now the glass and mirrors are are clearer than crystal. This product will be part of my detailing process along with my clay for cleaning the finish.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks kings for posting your results.

Yeah, these things are certainly great on windows, aren't they? The thing I really like is how fast you can get all your windows clean, inside and out. I also like using them on my steering wheel. They remove any crud that may be on there.

indyCoder- I've never used the mitt. Maybe you could let us know how it works.

·
Registered
252 Posts
well i orderded my cloths today. cant wait to get them. i am glad they only use water because i just got the windows tinted yesterday and they told me never to use any kind of glass cleaner. so these will be perfect. good heads up on the suggestion.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
urbanchemist said:
well i orderded my cloths today. cant wait to get them. i am glad they only use water because i just got the windows tinted yesterday and they told me never to use any kind of glass cleaner. so these will be perfect. good heads up on the suggestion.
I would check to make sure these are OK on the inside where the the tint is applied, you would'nt want to wipe the tint off.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
urbanchemist- Kings has a point. I've never tried them on after-market tinted windows before, so you may want to try them on a small inconspicuous spot first. I think you should be OK though. If you could let everyone know your results it would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts