Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After just washing my car and suffering from the dried on water marks before I could dry it, I was struggling to get rid of the water marks on all the chrome trim, I had a trawl through my cupboard and found an unused bottle of AutoGlym Glass polish. The label says to also use on bright window surrounds and rubbers so I thought I'd give it a try on an inconspicuous area of chrome trim.

All I can say is WOW!

It appears completely abrasive free and gets rid of water marks brilliantly, it's also great on the windows too!! Oh, and it smells of apples!!

I thought I'd post this here instead of the detailing section as I think AutoGlym is a UK/Europe company only?

Stef

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I just chamois mine,with a proper chamois cloth not a synthetic one,that seems to do it on mine

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
The wasps will chase you down the street Stefan, if your chromework and your windows smell of apples. Then you will get some little grot licking the glass to see what it tastes like. I used to get a lot of that on the Classic Car scene - you came back and found 11 marks on the window glass of your door - five fingers each hand and a nose in the middle!!!
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
you sure it was a nose.yuk.lol

·
Registered
623 Posts
Tesco baby wipes - works every time. Especially good for getting rid of deposits from dead flies etc. on the paintwork. Just run over with a slightly damp shammy afterwards to avoid leaving the fluid from the wipes.

Give it a try, you will be amazed!

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tesco baby wipes - works every time. Especially good for getting rid of deposits from dead flies etc. on the paintwork. Just run over with a slightly damp shammy afterwards to avoid leaving the fluid from the wipes.

Give it a try, you will be amazed!
They're also very good for cleaning leather seats too!

Stef

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I spoke far too quickly about wasps - got a nest of the little buggers inside the cavity of my front house wall. They managed to get in through a tiny hole in the pointing of the brickwork and naturally it is right at the front door. Currently looking for a "wasp man" to put an end to their fun! Perhaps Stefan could just drive by with his apple smelling 300C and take them all away for me. You can fairly spot the young dads about here - can't you!!
Cheers John

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I spoke far too quickly about wasps - got a nest of the little buggers inside the cavity of my front house wall. They managed to get in through a tiny hole in the pointing of the brickwork and naturally it is right at the front door. Currently looking for a "wasp man" to put an end to their fun! Perhaps Stefan could just drive by with his apple smelling 300C and take them all away for me. You can fairly spot the young dads about here - can't you!!
Cheers John
Call the local council, thats what we did when we started to find wasps coming out of our roof fan in the master bedroom and dying wasps lying all around the house. A couple of council guys came out the next day and found THREE wasp bikes in the attic!!!!!!! It cost us 50 quid, but was well worth it to not having wasps crawling all over us when trying to sleep at night. The bikes never go away, but the wasps drag the poisin into the bike causing all the wasps to go crazy and die. Within an hour I counted well over 200 wasps lying outside my widow...eewwwww!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
PROPUS, FAR FAR FAR FAR TOO MUCH DETAIL, BUT VERY VERY FUNNY LMAO:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
To much info, but I bet you guys wi young kids (most likely have baby wipes lying about) will try it the next time. LOL

·
Registered
461 Posts
found THREE wasp bikes in the attic!!!!!!!
blimey!...... I didn't know they could reach the pedals :) - well someone had to say it:pat:

·
Registered
221 Posts
did a quick google search of wasp bikes (my imagination was in overdrive) and is seems it's an expression from over the border... now if i could just get rid of my flaming ants!... if only i could find their ant scooter.....

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Never thought of byke (correctly spelt with a "y") being a word unique to the Scots tongue. Just goes to show you - you live and learn. To most in Scotland they will always be bykes rather than nests.
Cheers John

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I was the same too, I just always new them as a bee's byke or wasp byke and thought that was what everyone called them. Sorry for wrong spelling, I did think bike didn't look right.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Actually it gave me a bit of fun there. One word that has always stuck with me from childhood was syver - but I had no idea how it was spelt - so when checking that byke was actually a Scots word and no other I learned how to spell syver - and for those who don't have the mither tongue suffice to say Princess Diana's memorial always looked like a syver to me!
Cheers John

·
Registered
221 Posts
Love regional etymology. My favourite, from my childhood in Yorkshire, is 'Laiking'. I was always laiking out with my mates. I moved over to Lancashire 17 years ago and needed a regional dictionary!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Stef. In Aus & NZ they use a large cotton towel to go over their vehicles to get the water off quickly before it dries. My mate does it too with great results, Best get a special towel for the job! I use the Flash Car Wash System, Wash & rinse as usual then spray the filtered water from the Flash System over the car & let it dry. Otherwise use one of those High Absorbancy synthetic chamois first then get busy with the usual chamois! But you gotta be quick when its warm!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts