Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with the clear coat coming off the plastic drip rail on the car (the thing that runs down the roof). Anyone know what the dealer's policy is for this part?

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
This was an issue in 2005 and I see you have one. If I'm understanding you, your problem is with the plastic strip that runs along the roof. These are secured with 3M tape.

The problem seemed to be mainly accociated with black cars. I don't know whether the heat from the sun has anything to do with it, but that may be the problem and it may be expansion/contraction that's causing this.

Have a look at this thread - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ge...t-cracks-roof-rails.html?highlight=roof+strip. There's some pics in post #17 to compare with.

Best thing to do is familiarize yourself with the thread, then take your car to the dealer. Tell them this was a well known problem for the first year model. Chrysler must have fixed it in the meantime because you just don't hear of it these days.

I'll have a look to see if there are any TSB's for this.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Well, I didn't find any TSB's for it, but that's not to say you won't be able to have something done about this.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, Im sure there has to be some sort of warranty on the paint. I know on other chrysler vehicles ive owned there has been a warranty on this.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just spoke with 1 dealer and they said that since my car is over 36k, it is out of warranty and because the its the paint on the trim it isn't covered.(lame).

I dont want to own this car forever because i KNOW it will be a rust bucket. more specifically

*door sills
*fender to front bumper gap
*fender to rear bumper gap

not to mention the paint issues i foresee on the roof.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I just spoke with 1 dealer and they said that since my car is over 36k, it is out of warranty and because the its the paint on the trim it isn't covered.(lame).

I dont want to own this car forever because i KNOW it will be a rust bucket. more specifically

*door sills
*fender to front bumper gap
*fender to rear bumper gap

not to mention the paint issues i foresee on the roof.
Don't take the advice of only one dealer. Take it somewhere else. You may get the same answer, but if you don't try you'll never know.

I actually don't think these cars are any better or any worse than everything else out there BTW. The best thing anyone can do is to keep it clean and protect it with waxes/sealants.

Bernie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts